Home brewing - newbie discussion

Soldato
Hey all! I have a sneaky suspicion that a number of the ocuk community are into home brewing.

I want to get into it but have limited funds so a basic, but versatile starter kit would be needed.

I have a large garage with a boiler at one end, which is therefore warmer mornings and evenings but I'm not sure if the temperature would be stable enough there.. anyway. I digress

Who here brews? I'd love to start a discussion for newbies and work towards more advanced techniques and recipes!

Recommendations for kits welcome!

Soldato
OP
Appreciate it! I'll mosey on over!
Not visited GD (or ocuk generally) in any capacity in years - but knew there would be something!!! ;)

Associate
I used to, I got the brew kits from a local shop, In general 4 weeks later it's ready and tasted good as well, we used to brew all sorts of larger and the occasional bitter. Saved a lot of money.

Soldato
i've been doing 30 bottle wine kits for a number of years now. Minimal equipment, two buckets with lids and air locks, syphon stuff, a drill stirrer and a brew fridge that I made up using a fridge I got on facebook market dirt cheep with a greenhouse heater in the bottom which is run by a controller linked to a thermometer inside which switches between heater and fridge depending on time of year.
The fridge was the biggest change in my brewing experience, just makes it so consistent. Just relying on room temp being good is a real pain.

Enjoy home made kit wine so much more than shop stuff. I tend to do a beer in the summer but not too much as it goes straight to the belly!

Back
Top Bottom