Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Hehe. Just a split hose this time, 2 minute job once I found it. You do get used to keeping a decent selection of tools in the boot though :p

Hero! :D

On a worrying note, about a year ago my mate was driving to my house, and up the road, saw a bloke laid over exactly like that, but still. Turned out he must have had a heart attack or something, and dropped dead while washing his car. Quite a few people thought he was working on it like that!

Caporegime
Lol!! Old TVRs. Its a choice of passion, not of sense. Heart not head :)

I think it is just old cars in general. Hoses and rubber things always tend to split when they get old. I had a heater hose go on my GT-Four and Toyota are the most reliable car in the world. It did go on track though. Replaced every single coolant hose after that.

Associate
Its been a while since I've been here and I've had quite a few cars. I did have a Type R FN2 that lasted 6 months before I ruined the brakes then got rid of it. I had a CLA for a while too but got bored of that. In the end I traded in my E-Class, the plan was to get the new A35 AMG but the salesman showed me this and I was hooked. It goes like stink! It was two years old when I got it last year, its an ex PCP car so its been looked after.

I found this after some browsing on Autotrader looking for a car to drive to work in. Its the Eddie Bauer edition with the same 4.6ltre engine that was used in the Mustang up to 2008. 18 years old, only 27,500 miles.

Soldato
Legacy arrived at the agent, seems a bit better than I expected condition wise, its not something amazing but Im quite looking forward to it :)

Body is better than I thought, I expected little things but actually seems decent. Not much on the todo list so far. I wasn't really wanting silver but again looks alright. I got it for a good price as it had a "seat rip" and broken Nav. The rip is the usual bolster wear, its small and will be easily repaired with a leather colouring, its not a rip. The nav is a Panasonic double din separate to the climate controls, this will be swapped with a new Android Auto unit anyway.

Soldato
Legacy arrived at the agent, seems a bit better than I expected condition wise, its not something amazing but Im quite looking forward to it :)

Body is better than I thought, I expected little things but actually seems decent. Not much on the todo list so far. I wasn't really wanting silver but again looks alright.

I quite like the look of that :) how many cars have you imported now? Do you end up losing quite a bit when you sell on?

Soldato

Body is better than I thought, I expected little things but actually seems decent. Not much on the todo list so far. I wasn't really wanting silver but again looks alright. I got it for a good price as it had a "seat rip" and broken Nav. The rip is the usual bolster wear, its small and will be easily repaired with a leather colouring, its not a rip. The nav is a Panasonic double din separate to the climate controls, this will be swapped with a new Android Auto unit anyway.

Guessing you used Pacific coast autos judging by the picture/location? How have they been to deal with?

Soldato
I quite like the look of that :) how many cars have you imported now? Do you end up losing quite a bit when you sell on?

Most that I have bought about break even, some have made and other lost. The one that I lost on most was the little Alto Works RSZ but I just wanted one, one of my long long list to try. I cant remember how many Ive imported exactly, guessing maybe 12 or so. If I was to try and make money Id choose different, maybe Nissan Fairlady and old 911's, they seem to had a decent difference between Japan and here. In saying that, this Legacy might do alright although the plan is to keep it. It wasn't that expensive and there isnt many here, any that are for sale here are much more expensive.

Guessing you used Pacific coast autos judging by the picture/location? How have they been to deal with?

Yeah, this is the third time Ive used them, found them to be the most up front and honest of the agents ive used. Similar price to most but I just prefer the more personal touch, good comms, quick to respond etc

Soldato
I trust you've taken the airbox lid off? Roof down with that induction noise (ideally in a tunnel) is heavenly! If I downsize it'll definitely be back into a S2000!
Yup massive difference induction noise wise..

People claim that it robs power but no actual proof. Some say Dyno showed 1hp difference but Dyno is not open road..

Back
Top Bottom