What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
FMA has some quite dark moment, some of which become even darker when you rewatch and possibly catch some nuances you might have missed first time.

it was the daughter/dog thing, it was so horribly brutal and then the dad getting killed and the dog/daughter being sad... Just blew my mind then he killed it :eek: so blinking bleak.

Great show mind, almost at the end of part one.

Commissario
it was the daughter/dog thing, it was so horribly brutal and then the dad getting killed and the dog/daughter being sad... Just blew my mind then he killed it :eek: so blinking bleak.

Great show mind, almost at the end of part one.
IIRC the original FMA actually had that as a longer story sequence and it was worse.

Brotherhood did a speed run through most of the bits the original series covered.

I'm currently watching a combination of Altered Carbon S2 which is very good, Castlevania S1 which i'm enjoying (I was never a huge fan of the games, but liked the story), Beastars which looks interesting, and Paradise PD which is like south park with some of the stops pulled out.

Soldato
currently coming to the end of season 4 of justified. it as good as I remember it was.

One of my favourite shows and one that a lot of people don't know about, so that and 'The Amrericans' is the show I often recommend to people. I really should watch it through again at some point. Maybe I'll do it next in fact :)

4 or 5 eps into 'Treadstone' on Amazon Prime. It's based in the world of Jason Bourne, lots of other agents are being 'woken up'. Seems a little overly dramatic and a little convenient in places, but generally seems okay so far.

Soldato
Mr Robot finished - really enjoyed this and only 1 or 2 episodes where nothing really happened, not bad going for a 4 season series!

Last 2 episodes were a bit of a mind ****, but i think it was wrapped up really well.

Non-closure:

The Machine
Angela's death
What did Angela see
Pictures with faces covered?
Hamburger guy

Soldato
War of the World (Fox version) - written by Howard Overman (Misfits) and has Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern starring, only 3 episodes aired to date. Prett interesting, moved away from the tripods, but to small dog like machines. So far its keeping me and the wife engaged, will keep with it.

Watching this too, nice different take on the idea. Far far superior to the recent BBC misfire.

Permabanned
FYI (just because it get mixed up by other shows if you search by name) it is

War of the Worlds (2019), Helps to pout 2019 in there for your searches and was French made mainly (AFAIAA) and shown initially on Canal+

It got cancelled initially but then saved so it is renewed for another season, and yes it was far better than the BBC tosh.

Show Info
Genre:
Drama, Sci-Fi

Airs on:
Canal+, France at 9:00 pm CET

Runtime:
50 min.

Returning Series

Created by:
Howard Overman

Rating:
1 2 3 4 53.63/5 (30 ratings)

More Info:
Forum | IMDb | TVMaze

Tools:
Subtitles

https://next-episode.net/war-of-the-worlds-2019

Associate
FYI (just because it get mixed up by other shows if you search by name) it is

War of the Worlds (2019), Helps to pout 2019 in there for your searches and was French made mainly (AFAIAA) and shown initially on Canal+

It got cancelled initially but then saved so it is renewed for another season, and yes it was far better than the BBC tosh.

Show Info
Genre:
Drama, Sci-Fi

Airs on:
Canal+, France at 9:00 pm CET

Runtime:
50 min.

Returning Series

Created by:
Howard Overman

Rating:
1 2 3 4 53.63/5 (30 ratings)

More Info:
Forum | IMDb | TVMaze

Tools:
Subtitles

https://next-episode.net/war-of-the-worlds-2019

And just to add - it's currently airing on Fox/Sky every Thursday.

Soldato
It's a confusing mess unfortunately. Not quite sure what the point of the Aaron Paul character is.

His going to team up with Dolores (Arnold) and the hosts to take down the system or maybe even destroy the humans!
They have started to setup his disillusion with society very nicely in EP 1.

The whole episode was stunning and I can't wait for ep 2, how I've missed Westworld, it's a masterpiece :)

KpbKaUD.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
His going to team up with Dolores (Arnold) and the hosts to take down the system or maybe even destroy the humans!
They have started to setup his disillusion with society very nicely in EP 1.

The whole episode was stunning and I can't wait for ep 2, how I've missed Westworld, it's a masterpiece :)

KpbKaUD.jpg

Season 1 was indeed a masterpiece. But the more they moved away from the Westworld park, the worse it got. You can no longer sympathise with the characters, they are now just killing machines with no personality. Season 2 was a let down and from what I've seen from season 3 so far, it's only going to get worse. And I'm getting really fed up with strong female characters kicking the asses of weak evil male characters, it's getting boring now. A real shame.

I predict season 3 will be the last one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom