F1 2020 Predictions thread

Soldato
Interesting choice there Hominid, putting Ferrari that far down and picking McLaren to be the team to beat them over TRacing point. Though Sainz did have a good 2019 season so I think he will do well again this year.
I think, with the recent developments with Ferrari and their engine, and there poor testing form, this years car will be well off the pace - thus forcing Ferrari to switch focus to 2021.

McLaren, again in my opinion, will come good later in the year and out develop RP and Ferrari(if they switch to 2021). I think McLaren will start well but only 4/5th fastest in Australia, and then out develop Ferrari, Renault and RP throughout the year. Also Norris, now in his second year, will do a lot better compared to last year, and whilst not quite on Sainz level I do think he will do better than last year by a fair amount.

That's my reasoning - how it works out we'll see.

Soldato
I think, with the recent developments with Ferrari and their engine, and there poor testing form, this years car will be well off the pace - thus forcing Ferrari to switch focus to 2021.

McLaren, again in my opinion, will come good later in the year and out develop RP and Ferrari(if they switch to 2021). I think McLaren will start well but only 4/5th fastest in Australia, and then out develop Ferrari, Renault and RP throughout the year. Also Norris, now in his second year, will do a lot better compared to last year, and whilst not quite on Sainz level I do think he will do better than last year by a fair amount.

That's my reasoning - how it works out we'll see.

There's less incentive to develop in-season this year than any of the previous 5 seasons.

Soldato
There's less incentive to develop in-season this year than any of the previous 5 seasons.
I get the comment, and it's true no doubt, but I do think that McLaren will out develop RP in the course of the year and probably even be behind RP at the start. I think, relatively speaking, it'll take more resources in RP to develop the new car as opposed to McLaren. Sure RP have a very good budget now, but they are still a fair bit down on people compared to McLaren. It all depends on the start to the year, if McLaren have a very poor start then I'm sure they will just move early to next years car early. If the racing is close, and a few points means the difference between 5th and 3rd for instance, then I'm sure they will carry on developing the car as normal until they have to change over as it's worth millions in extra prize money.

I do think Ferrari will have a poor first few races, 3rd or 4th fastest, hopefully they will come good by the time the European races start. If they are still poor after the European upgrade then Ferrari will switch over very early.

Man of Honour
At the current rate, one race, winner takes all!

Needs to be at least 8 races to be classed a world championship season.

F1 Sporting Regulations 2019:
5.4 The maximum number of Events in the Championship is 21, the minimum is 8

So if it gets to the point where only 7 events are left, then the entire season will be written off.

Soldato
Top 3 drivers:
1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Max Verstappen
3. Charles Leclerc

Top 3 constructors:
1. Mercedes
2. Red Bull
3. Ferrari

Other predictions:
1. Bottas says 'for sure' over 500 times and doesn't deliver despite his claims otherwise (again).
2. Bottas loses his seat to Russell.
3. Sainz finishes on the podium.
3. Both RP drivers finish on the podium (not at the same time).
4. Vettel leaves (for a midfield team) at the end of the season.
5. Ricciardo leaves Renault and gets Vettels seat (ok this is actually wishful thinking).
6. Grosjean gets the sack.
7. Ferrari and the FIA get married.
8. None of the above is true because coronavirus will mutate and infect every piece of software in the F1 paddock.

Back
Top Bottom