*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Just saw on ShopTo's digital edition page "Then, at midnight on March 20th 2020, the game will unlock so you can jump in without delay!". I thought it came out on Friday? Or is everyone locked out till that time anyway?

When I pre-ordered Link's Awakening digital it didn't unlock until the morning on the day of release. Cant remember exactly when but it wasn't early.

Soldato
When I pre-ordered Link's Awakening digital it didn't unlock until the morning on the day of release. Cant remember exactly when but it wasn't early.
Re-reading it, I now understand the technicality. It does mean on the 20th, I always forget that midnight is technically the start of the day.

Don
Can anyone give me some recommendations? I'm on lockdown, so bought a switch with Mario Kart 8;

what do I need for the switch? What size storage should I go for? Pro controller for me of course, and some two player co-op games would be great if you have any recommendations please guys! :)

Associate
Can anyone give me some recommendations? I'm on lockdown, so bought a switch with Mario Kart 8;

what do I need for the switch? What size storage should I go for? Pro controller for me of course, and some two player co-op games would be great if you have any recommendations please guys! :)
At least 64GB or more for storage.

Caporegime
I really need to figure a way to make my card or Paypal work with Mexico, sooooo many bargains at the minute over there.
Good luck.

I bought from the Mexico store once. Had to speak to a mexican friend and use their debit card and details.

EDIT: Today i requested a refund of my physical copy of AC as it definitely isnt going to show up any time soon, intending to buy it on e-shop next week.

Soldato
Good luck.

I bought from the Mexico store once. Had to speak to a mexican friend and use their debit card and details.

EDIT: Today i requested a refund of my physical copy of AC as it definitely isnt going to show up any time soon, intending to buy it on e-shop next week.

I ended up just buying it digitally. Paid full price for it. I fancy a chill game right now. Oh well I hope I like it!

Associate
Just a heads up - possible stock of the AC version Switch at Game. Just went on their website to see if they are opening stores tomorrow to try and grab one from store stock and it let me pre-order. I'm a bit wary of it actually turning up but the order confirmation said it would still be dispatched for delivery on 20th... Fingers very much crossed!

Edit: It's been dispatched! Looks like I'm gonna be set for the next few weeks whether we're locked down or not, I'll be occupied for the foreseeable future.

Now, need to see which multiplayer games to prioritise. Thinking you can't go wrong with Mario Kart but it's whether to get physical or digital? My preference is physical but understand that games like Animal Crossing are better suited to digital.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok people. a friend of mine is looking at picking up a Switch (normal) what's the best deal these days? Something with Mario Kart is ideal :)

Pretty sure there's some serious stock shortage currently. Best deal is probably whatever store actually has any!

Back
Top Bottom