I'm not getting the figures sorry,

7t pro is £699
24 x £36 + £29 = £893
£893-£699=£194
Unlimited data/text/minutes is £8.08 a month

Can the phone be bought cheaper?

Soldato
Just smashed the back of my 7T Pro :o
34 years of age and I've never broke or damaged a phone in my life. Fell off my living room table.
I see on the OnePlus website a replacement back cover is just £22, that seems very reasonable. I suppose at the end of the day it's just a thin layer of glass. Any idea what the total price would be with labours added in?
Has anyone any experience with OnePlus repairs? Should I expect a reasonable turnaround?

Last edited:
Soldato
Crazy, Apple are either using magic glass or they are really sinking the arm in! Although in reality the OnePlus back panel (having watched YouTube videos) is actually your standard plastic affair with a very thin sheen of glass on the outer edge so that would surely have something to do with it.
Anyhow, I ended up buying one from eBay for £18. I did a DIY replacement on a Sony Experia back panel a few years ago, it went fine so why I'll give it a shot! :p

Soldato
Crazy, Apple are either using magic glass or they are really sinking the arm in!

I've heard that changing the glass on an iPhone is quite difficult and labour intensive because it's really hard to remove without shattering it into lots of pieces. Plus enormous Apple tax of course.

Soldato
Is it worth going from a mate 20x to this do you think the 7t? Hate the slow updates on the mate, plus like the look of oxygen os.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure it will be great but I'll be keeping an eye out for 7 Pro or T variant on the second hand market, price should come down nicely after launch.

Notchless 90Hz panel should keep my happy for a while along with the rest of the package.

Soldato
Half tempted to grab the rainforest deal. No problem with the 5T, just getting a little upgrade itch. That said, really rather want 5G capability with any new phone, and it would be a bit pointless to move to phone to tide me for the next 24-36 months without it.

Soldato
Is it worth going from a mate 20x to this do you think the 7t? Hate the slow updates on the mate, plus like the look of oxygen os.

From a purely software side I'd say yes. I had a Mate 10 Pro and got rid fairly quickly because I thought EMUI was just awful. Whereas OxygenOS is hands down the best version of Android out there.

Soldato
7T reduced to £469 brand new from the rainforest. Pretty decent price if you ask me :D
If I didn't already own a 7T Pro I'd be very tempted.

Bought the 7T for myself and the wife to replace Galaxy Note 4's. Didn't realise we'd had them for 5 years! Really nice phone, I've been following OnePlus since they started and impressed. The OP8 will be too much for me and the Samsung's were getting show and annoying. Very happy for the price paid, so fast and a great screen, loving OxygenOS and Android 10 so far.

Soldato
Has anyone else noticed that in direct light (particularly sunlight) the FPS doesn't work all that well? As this is our first spell of good weather since the phone was released I have noticed that the direct sunlight seems to really mess with the optical function of the scanner.
And to compound matters my rather dishevelled lockdown look is playing havoc with my face unlock! :p

Back
Top Bottom