St. Patrick's Day 2020

Soldato
Well I had planned on visiting my local and raising a few jars with my Irish brothers and even though they'll definitely be in there, I'm in two minds whether to go.

bain sult as mo dheartháireacha!

Man of Honour
Well the pubs in Ireland are closed....

I’m guessing that there are traffic jams at the border into Ulster.
The best places to be on St.Paddy’s Day, are New York or Boston, and we’re barred from entering U.S., unless maybe you’re in Canada, but will U.S. immigration allow U.K. citizens entry from Canada?
If they won’t, then Toronto does a good March 17th.

Soldato
Pubs and restaurants in NYC are closed too.
There are many pubs closing in the north off their own bat.
Government here is utterly shoddy, urging people not to gather but doing nothing to stop it, it is utterly farcical.

Soldato
Pubs and restaurants in NYC are closed too.
There are many pubs closing in the north off their own bat.
Government here is utterly shoddy, urging people not to gather but doing nothing to stop it, it is utterly farcical.

That's not the Governments fault, they cant force people to take their advice. There is only so much you can do.

A pity, as we're advised by the gov't to stay indoors :( Anyone actually going out tonight? We had a leaving do for one of our colleagues this Friday and that's now been cancelled.

Looking back at the 2008 financial crisis, it didn't seem all that bad really. I was still going out clubbing and went to lots of fairs / theme parks. Also went to France for a week. I don't think I'll be able to do any of that this year. I'm also booked in at West End to see a play and that's probably not happening now.

Soldato
That's not the Governments fault, they cant force people to take their advice. There is only so much you can do.

Apologies I should have been more clear.
If the government told facilities to close, then they could and claim business interruption insurance which protects the business and staff.
They did not, they urged people to stay away, which has the alternative effect of forcing businesses to sack people and close or enter administration.

The difference is incredible. There is a lot more the government could do to insists people follow their advice. Anyone who thinks otherwise is mistaken.
As yet they do not wish to move to this step, as they haven't sold their shares in insurance companies yet ;)

Soldato
Apologies I should have been more clear.
If the government told facilities to close, then they could and claim business interruption insurance which protects the business and staff.
They did not, they urged people to stay away, which has the alternative effect of forcing businesses to sack people and close or enter administration.

The difference is incredible. There is a lot more the government could do to insists people follow their advice. Anyone who thinks otherwise is mistaken.
As yet they do not wish to move to this step, as they haven't sold their shares in insurance companies yet ;)

Oh OK :)

Soldato
I nearly bought a 4 pack of Guinness whilst I was doing my panic shopping buying a few lunch bits earlier, but then decided it would be a nice excuse to mooch out later - and support my local off-licence who has been doing a great job lately of sticking some awesome craft beers.

Anyone else finding excuses to mooch out and get fresh air whilst working from home? I don't know how some people do this as their everyday life. I'm only on day 4 and going crazy :o

Back
Top Bottom