Doom Eternal

Caporegime
Where are you getting these system requirements from? I've checked the Steam page but all it asks for is a 64-bit processor. Also I would think that given how optimised the engine is a Radeon VII will be massive overkill, and also it uses Vulkan, not DirectX 12.

Or is this some in-joke i'm late to the party for? :D

[Edit] Just seen them on the last page, i'm going to go with an iceberg-sized pinch of salt on that one.

They are official from Bethesda

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/5Wx9QeorMSfMZCwLg6VpoS/doom-eternal-launch-details

Soldato
It’s about time we had a game that pushed PCs out of their comfort zone. This is a game you can play and enjoy now yet come back to after a hardware upgrade and let it wow you again. I hope!

That's true, but i'd expect this out of something like a Call of Duty or Crysis type game where corners were cut during development and optimisation suffered as a result. Doom 2016 was undoubtedly one of the most well optimised games of modern times, it ran butter smooth on most things.

I guess I just expected the same to be true, especially given that based on the trailers there doesn't seem to have been a huge step forward in terms of the engine (and to be honest, why would they?).

Soldato
iD used to be known for their amazing engines, especially with Carmack at the helm. I spent more time benchmarking Doom 3 than playing it, I built my first PC for the launch and within a month swapped the motherboard so I could run the first (Nvidia) SLI setup for it. Then water-cooled the cards and CPU, flashed to modified VBIOS etc etc, basically became obsessed with it. That time demo of the imp jumping through the doorway is still burnt into my brain.

Soldato
Ouch with the recommended specifications.

I am assuming that Nvidia will release a driver before Friday, but it will be interesting to see how my 1080ti holds up at 3440 x 1440.

Soldato
Reviews are out now - looks like there is enough there for me to pre-order this now

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom