This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Such a pathetic thing to get excited about, but we've just managed to get in with a local vets that's been full since we moved to the area around 18 months ago. My wife even did a little happy dance when i told her. By all accounts they're fantastic.

We've been having a few appointments recently for skin issues so now i have to ring our current vets to tell them we're leaving. It feels like breaking up with someone!

Soldato
Such a pathetic thing to get excited about, but we've just managed to get in with a local vets that's been full since we moved to the area around 18 months ago. My wife even did a little happy dance when i told her. By all accounts they're fantastic.

We've been having a few appointments recently for skin issues so now i have to ring our current vets to tell them we're leaving. It feels like breaking up with someone!

Marv, wouldn't she be better off seeing a GP? :p

Soldato
I thought I'd stick my nose here and see how things are getting - I'm currently working from home so I have a bit of time to myself... Hi everyone - I'm still alive and well :)
Hello stranger :)

I'm in the office today but wondering if I should speak to my boss about reducing my days here and working from home instead. Obviously I don't want to catch the virus but I also don't want to pass it on to my mum. A colleague is now self isolating and apparently they sound awful on the phone, suffering with a nasty cough :eek:

Soldato
Work have made WFH optional. Fully expecting to take them up on it - cut my commuting down by 1.5 hrs a day. Frustrating working at an accountancy firm where it's still nearly all paper based so visits to the office will be required.

Man of Honour
Hello stranger :)

I'm in the office today but wondering if I should speak to my boss about reducing my days here and working from home instead. Obviously I don't want to catch the virus but I also don't want to pass it on to my mum. A colleague is now self isolating and apparently they sound awful on the phone, suffering with a nasty cough :eek:

Hi SS :)

Our company have pushed the "if you're a support function and can work from home - do it" line. So I'm doing.

Work have made WFH optional. Fully expecting to take them up on it - cut my commuting down by 1.5 hrs a day. Frustrating working at an accountancy firm where it's still nearly all paper based so visits to the office will be required.

Yeah I've saved myself 3.4hrs from my daily commute so I'm enjoying it (until I get cabin fever) - but I'm still getting up at 5am... I need the routine.

Soldato
My boss just called me to say they want people to be working from home more now that the government has said to. My role involves paperwork to some degree so it's been agreed that I'll work from home tomorrow, come in Thursday to collect any printing and post and then work from home Friday.

I already had a plan of what work i could do when I'm in the office and when my colleague comes out of self isolation, which boss is happy with :)

Saves me a commute of 40 mins each way which then also saves me fuel money (in a month it costs me roughly £111 in fuel for work alone :eek:)

Soldato
Yeah I've saved myself 3.4hrs from my daily commute so I'm enjoying it (until I get cabin fever) - but I'm still getting up at 5am... I need the routine.

Agree about keeping a routine. Planning on getting up around the same time and going for a run instead of the commute. Got a timer set up as well for 25 minute bursts of productivity (and changeability).

Soldato
Water went off when I was mid-shower. I threw on some clothes and a mask, nipped out and went berserk at a team of builders working nearby and as a result I missed the bank.

Not entirely their fault - I was cutting it fine anyway - so perhaps I went a touch overboard. Will apologise tomorrow.

Soldato
Agree about keeping a routine. Planning on getting up around the same time and going for a run instead of the commute. Got a timer set up as well for 25 minute bursts of productivity (and changeability).

And now it is definite self isolation. Colleague came in today despite having a cough and got rightly sent home (he thought he had just smoked too much over the weekend). Now he has a temp of 38.1'C so I will be self isolating to see if I'm symptomatic. Useless moron.

Soldato
Advised by NHS Driect that my mother needs an ambulance (not covid19 related).

There goes our self-isolation.
Hope she's ok :( I had to drop my girlfriend to her workshop today - 25 minute round trip and I saw two ambulances with blues on. Within 10 minutes of coming home there's another one without lights parked by a neighbour. Can't tell how far from normal this is really, I feel so disconnected from normal life.

Soldato
Hope she's ok :( I had to drop my girlfriend to her workshop today - 25 minute round trip and I saw two ambulances with blues on. Within 10 minutes of coming home there's another one without lights parked by a neighbour. Can't tell how far from normal this is really, I feel so disconnected from normal life.

Thanks. Paramedic has just left. Doesn't think there's anything immediately wrong and I managed to give her her meds and a drink while he was here (was non-responsive earlier, just mumbling with her eyes shut). She's still in bed but I managed to hand feed her a sandwich just now, so that's something at least.

Tonight will be interesting.

(Paramedic was really good. We both wore masks and I've hoovered everywhere he placed his kit and left the house outside doors open for a while to get some air through.)

Last edited:
Caporegime
@Burnsy2023 Not sure if you might know the answer to this but my cars MOT has run out and is parked on the public road outside my house, however I am isolated within my home, and when I enquired with a few MOT places they were either closed or booked up to the gunnels and unsure if they would even be able to finish the ones they have booked up...

I'm imagining even if some busybody reported it I won't get fined etc because of the current situation..? I expect there will be hundreds it not thousands of people/cars in the same position in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom