Holidays 2020

Soldato
Staycation this year when it calms down. I usually go to places with as few people as possible anyway

Was going to do cheap and cheerful canaries but obviously not now.

Soldato
We have flights booked to Romania in July for a holiday, hadn't booked the Hotels yet, at what point are we eligible to get the money back?

ie: Does the flight have to be cancelled by the Airline and/or all travel is banned by the Govt etc ?

Man of Honour
Dubai is still booked for next month although I am now wanting to cancel and get a refund. My mrs is cabin crew so having to take 8 weeks minimum unpaid leave which puts an extra strain on our holiday plans. We also had Milan booked in June so I doubt that's going to happen now.

Soldato
Easter soon, hoping for better weather (dry is fine I’m not fussy), looking forward to lots of dog walks/bike rides with picnics in the fresh air with wife + kids.

Stay positive people and stay safe.

BIG HUGS

HEADRAT (yes I may have had a number of glasses of red wine, everything doesn’t seem quite so bad now)

Soldato
We have flights booked to Romania in July for a holiday, hadn't booked the Hotels yet, at what point are we eligible to get the money back?

ie: Does the flight have to be cancelled by the Airline and/or all travel is banned by the Govt etc ?
Cancelled by the airline and/or FCO. You'll just have to wait and see.

To be honest, it may be alright by July but who knows. We had been organised and booked a week off in the middle of June, was just thinking of where to go when this all hit. I'm still debating booking somewhere in case we still can go -- but doing it as a package so it's relatively straightforward to get a refund.

Soldato
I'm assuming both of our trips will be cancelled.

Iceland in April & Lanzarote in June, they were all paid for a while ago, so just waiting for confirmation from the agents that way at least then we'll get a refund.

Soldato
Just cancelled my trip to Columbia: it was going to be from 4th-16th April. Most of the hotels and the hire car was free cancellation, so I've only lost £60 on that. I doubt I'll see a penny back from the flights though, particularly as they were booked through eDreams and not directly with the airline, so that's about £1k down the drain :(

Also had a US road trip planned for the summer, but luckily nothing had been booked for it yet.

Soldato
Trip below postponed. Cancelled on Monday, Ba refunded miles and taxes minus a fee.

Was due to fly tomorrow but

a.) The whole area is locking down so will be dead
b.) Indonesia was rumoured to start locking down (they are, just came out but not doing much until Friday)

Looking for advice on a few places i've never been - South Korea, Okinawa Islands, Taiwan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Malaysian Borneo

Total trip in my head:

Bali
Malaysian Borneo
Taiwan
Japan Okinawa Islands
South Korea
Japan
Sri Lanka
Nepal
??? for one month
Bali for flight home

This is my rough agenda for four months of travel. Sorry for the long list but i'd appreciate any notes on too long / too short in terms to days staying

Code:
19 MAR - Arrive in Bali
20 MAR - Chill (Canggu) No activity
21 MAR - Chill (Canggu) No activity
22 MAR - Chill (Canggu) No activity
23 MAR - Chill (Canggu) Ubud Day trip?
24 MAR - Chill (canggu) Mountain bike ride?
25 MAR - Travel to Gili air
26 MAR - Gili Air
27 MAR - Gili Air
28 MAR - Travel to Bali and from port straight to Nusa Lembongan
29 MAR - Nusa Lembongan
30 MAR - Nusa Lembongan
31 MAR - Nusa Lembongan
01 APR - Travel back to Bali
02 APR - Uluwatu
03 APR - Uluwatu
04 APR - Uluwatu
05 APR - ????
06 APR - ????
07 APR - ????
08 APR - ????
09 APR - ????
10 APR -  ????
11 APR -  ????
12 APR - Fly to borneo
13 APR - Borneo
14 APR - Borneo
15 APR - Borneo
16 APR - Borneo 
17 APR - Brunei
18 APR - Flight to Taiwan
19 APR - Taiwan
20 APR - Taiwan
21 APR - Taiwan
22 APR - Taiwan     
24 APR - Taiwan to Okinawa
25 APR  - Okinawa 
26 APR  - Okinawa 
27 APR  - Okinawa 
28 APR  - Okinawa 
29 APR -  Okinawa
30 APR - Fly to South Korea for SK & Japan leg
01 May - South Korea
02 May - South Korea
03 May - South Korea
04 May - South Korea
05 May - South Korea
06 May - South Korea
07 May - Travel to Japan
08 May - Japan
09 May - Japan
10 May - Japan
11 May - Japan
12 May - Japan
13 May - Japan
14 May - Japan
15 May - Japan
16 May - Japan
17 May - Andy Leave
18 May - Japan
19 May - Japan
20 May - Japan
21 May - Japan
22 May - Travel to Sri Lanka
23 May - Sri Lanka
24 May - Sri Lanka
25 May - Sri Lanka
26 May - Sri Lanka
27 May - Sri Lanka
28 May - Sri Lanka
29 May - Sri Lanka
30 May - Sri Lanka
31 May - Sri Lanka
01 JUN - Sri Lanka
02 JUN - Sri Lanka
03 JUN - Sri Lanka
04 JUN - Sri Lanka
05 JUN - Sri Lanka
06 JUN - Sri Lanka
07 JUN - Sri Lanka
08 JUN - Sri Lanka
09 JUN - Sri Lanka
10 JUN - Sri Lanka
11 JUN - Sri Lanka
12 JUN - Sri Lanka
13 JUN - Sri Lanka
14 JUN - Sri Lanka
15 JUN - Sri Lanka
16 JUN - Travel to Nepal
17 JUN - Nepal
18 JUN - Nepal
19 JUN - Nepal
20 JUN - Nepal
21 JUN - Nepal
22 JUN - Nepal
23 JUN - Nepal
24 JUN - Nepal to ???
-One month empty- Thailand, more Bali, etc
23 JUL - Fly home from Bali

Soldato
Just cancelled my trip to Columbia: it was going to be from 4th-16th April. Most of the hotels and the hire car was free cancellation, so I've only lost £60 on that. I doubt I'll see a penny back from the flights though, particularly as they were booked through eDreams and not directly with the airline, so that's about £1k down the drain :(

Also had a US road trip planned for the summer, but luckily nothing had been booked for it yet.
Yeh edreams lost their atol status a while back. You may have a chance of recovering some of it but doubtful.

It shouldn't matter how you book your flights by the way. They just need to be under atol protection...and I'm pretty sure that edreams were ranked one of the worst for buyer protection by which last year.

Associate
i guess the flights will still be cancelled.
dont think so. They've been flying out of italy until recently and continue to fly out of many other countrys. If you have a visa etc no symptoms on you're okay from the uk currently. From more heavily effected countrys you need a medical certificate and will have to isolate for 2 weeks. England will probably be that way in 10 days so and i'm prepared for that.

If I dont get out soon I'd be stuck here for months potentially so not fussed about 2 weeks in isolation. I'll just land 2 weeks earlier than i planned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom