Best basic launcher for an Android phone?

Soldato
I am looking at the possibility of giving my wife's mother a smartphone for the impending period of isolation but she's well into her 70's and really struggles with technology.

What I'm after is the best "seniors" launcher that will essentially restrict what she can access while making it easy to call, text and video call (predominantly Google Duo I'd imagine) - it will be installed on an LG G7 as it's the phone I've got spare at the moment!

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what might fit my needs?

Last edited:
Associate
If you're willing to pay then get Nova launcher. Then you can just hide all the unneeded apps from the drawer and put commonly used apps on the home screen.

There is a free version which you could use but you can't hide any apps from the drawer nor is there any control over the icon size although I'm not sure how important that is

Soldato
Lawnchair will let you effectively turn off the app drawer and just put the apps she needs on the desktop. Then lock the desktop ap it's harder to move things about. It's free so easy to give a go

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions guys - I think I bought Nova some years ago so will try that and Lawnchair.

My only reservation about Nova is I ideally wanted something where I could make the icons and text etc huge and easy to read too - will have a poke around and see what they are capable of!

Thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom