Cheapest way to play WOW - 4 players?

Soldato
I missed WOW first time around. never intrigued me.

The kids have decided they liked the trial and I would not mind giving it a go beyond the trial.

What will be the cheapest route for basic pack and game time?

Thanks.

Soldato

The kids have decided they liked the trial and I would not mind giving it a go beyond the trial.

Thanks.

No package deals as far as I'm aware. I know a lot of multiboxers and they all simply spend $40 a month on the subscription (well, they have in game gold to buy tokens). I'm not sure about the upfront cost of the game including the DLC in terms of group purchase. I'd reach out to their support, they will be more than happy to help.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help

Soldato

Thanks.

Have you not considered a different and better game like ESO? It has no sub and you can buy it really cheap, while is a huge game to do solo also.
Just food for thought.

Associate
Why not Elder Scrolls Online together. You can pick up four licenses for less than 40 quid for the basic Morrowind pack and don't have the monthly subscription. I do that with my three teenagers, and it's great adventuring together.

Soldato
OP
Why not Elder Scrolls Online together. You can pick up four licenses for less than 40 quid for the basic Morrowind pack and don't have the monthly subscription. I do that with my three teenagers, and it's great adventuring together.

I was thinking of that.

If you buy the main game, there is no "sub" requirement?

Can 4 start together at the same time and level up together? This seems to be fragmented in WOW owing to the starting zones for the different characters.

Soldato
I wouldn't recommend ESO for group play. Its more single player story focused. All the quests are voice acted (so you really need to listen to what the are saying to really enjoy the game) and you have to make sure that you are at the same stage in the quest, otherwise other party member may not be able to see the same things as you.

For group play, me and my wife prefer WoW Retail.

Soldato
OP
Have jumped into WOW and four of us are now on the same server.

Have added them as friends but I cannot invite them.

We are all different characters so in different starting places.

Can we "join up" from the start or do we all need to finish quests first?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom