Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
Time to reactivate this thread! :p

On a spur of the moment decision, went to see the Final Fantasy 7 remake Orchestral World Tour at the Royal Albert Hall yesterday. A 40 piece choir and 60 piece Royal Philamonic Orchestra presenting the composed themes from FF7 old and new set to a backdrop of gameplay and specially created FMV for the tour by Square Enix.

It was absolutely epic! :cool:

Next gig coming up that was previously bounced is Alanis Morisette in Oct.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Managed to get Chili Peppers tickets for Old Trafford next year.

I'm not a huge gig goer, only been to just over hand full in my life but third time for Chili Peppers. Still feels weird with the pandemic still likely being a big risk in June next year but with an aging band they may not come to the UK again soon plus it's a chance to hear Frusciante play in person.

Eye-water pricies mind you - £160 each for "Golden-circle", madness. Chose £90 peasant standing.

Soldato
We've got Tool booked in London for 2022. Made the "adult" decision that, as they're not really a moshing band, we'd get seats rather than floor standing so we can watch the whole "show".

Soldato
I'll be seeing Tool in Birmingham. They're a band I've always wanted to see but just missed out a couple of times when dates haven't worked out when I've been in the US on business.

I did see A Perfect Circle many moons ago and they were utterly mind blowing.

Soldato
I'll be seeing Tool in Birmingham. They're a band I've always wanted to see but just missed out a couple of times when dates haven't worked out when I've been in the US on business.

I did see A Perfect Circle many moons ago and they were utterly mind blowing.

I'd only seen Tool once at a festival before so not ideal for their sound/show so I'm hoping to get a better "experience" from a proper Gig. I'd have loved to see A Perfect Circle live too but never had the chance.

Associate
This is my upcoming gig list:

30th Oct - Countless Skies in London
17th Nov - Nightwish in Dublin
26th Nov - Soen in London
8th Dec - Heilung in London
13th Dec - Nightwish in London
18th Dec - Unleash The Archers in Eindhoven
15th Jan - Avatar in London
19th Jan - Eskimoo Callboy in London
4th Mar - Gojira in London
18th Mar - Sabaton in London
16th Apr - Devin Townsend in London
17th Apr - Devin Townsend in London
16th May - Devin Townsend in London
3rd Jun - Meshuggah in London
5th Jun - Rammstein in Berlin
17th Sep - Evergrey in London
Nov (cant remember date) - Powerwolf in London

plus I have tickets to Hellfest Part 2 and Wacken Open Air next year as well

Soldato
Saw Sleaford Mods last weekend with Billy No Mates and Dry Cleaning in support which was a great gig.

Last night was Enter Shikari with Nova Twinz and Dinosaur Pile Up in support, didn't know anything about any of the bands and was impressed by all of them, the place was sold out and completely heaving....Covid central....

Tonight is Pigs x7 with a change in support bands to Kulk and Blom, again I know virtually nothing about any of them, but hoping for a good set from Pigs from the little I've heard.

Soldato
Went to see The Darkness in Hull last weekend and they were rockin!

What was even more rockin' though was their support, a band from Lancashire called Massive Wagons. They completely blew me away. They left absolutely nothing in the tank, energetic, balls out rock! I've been addicted to their albums ever since (not heard of them until the gig). Really love it when bands like that can win over fans from support band roles.

Particular song highlights for those interested:

Pressure
Ratio
Back to the Stack (tribute to Rick Parfitt)

The lead guitarist plays a flying V through a Marshall and it just sounded amazing, brilliant tone.

Back
Top Bottom