US: Westworld

Soldato
Did they change the ending of season 2 in the opening credits recap? I remembered things differently.

As to the episode it was good but I don’t know how I felt about it. I don’t really like the characters of the 2 female leads, whilst recognising they are being well acted.

Not sure how I feel about the direction insofar as we can guess it at this moment.

It’s high quality well acted stuff, I’m a bit concerned this will be a difficult season to carry through it feels like the last season narrowed the direction available going forward a long way from the original premise.

Great first episode though.

Soldato
Its not really westworld anymore if there not actually in it. Just having a few rogue ai bots about isnt a westworld show. I mean as placid said above it was well acted and looked good etc i just dont think its really westworld anymore.

Soldato
Thought it was decent but quite divorced from the original 2 seasons at the moment, hoping it doesn't stay like that. Really small amount of posts on this considering how popular it was.

I found dialogue really quiet compared to other sounds. Quite irritating when I'm trying to watch it in bed with people asleep.

Soldato
Thought it was decent but quite divorced from the original 2 seasons at the moment, hoping it doesn't stay like that. Really small amount of posts on this considering how popular it was.

I didn't mind it but I do echo your comments. Felt more like Terminator meets the body snatchers, just a total different pacing and feel.

Man of Honour
I didn't mind it but I do echo your comments. Felt more like Terminator meets the body snatchers, just a total different pacing and feel.

Terminator/Matrix is what it felt like to me.

I found dialogue really quiet compared to other sounds. Quite irritating when I'm trying to watch it in bed with people asleep.

I missed that it was even on given everything else going on right now.

Soldato
Its not really westworld anymore if there not actually in it.

The book/film is robots malfunctioning, the series is robots gaining sentience... it wouldn't really be very good story telling if they gained sentience and just decided to stay in WW as slaves to the inferior humans forever now would it ?

Caporegime
Watched Ep1 the other day and did enjoy as it feels suitably and coldly dystopian and futuristic. The acting is also great and the production values very high. I love the fact they cast Aaron Paul. However, lets face it, it is now nowhere near as unique or original as it was in the first two seasons and is now becoming standard Sci-Fi trope. In fact, if I had never seen the first two seasons and you told me that Season 3 was called 'Battlestar Galactica: The Prequel' then I would believe it without hesitation because it is basically a huge rip-off of that down to the blond super sexy robot female lead we know and love as Deloris. It also mixes in elements of the excellent movie Upgrade with what is going on with Bernard.

It's still good and very watchable, but yeah... to me it's now looking like a BSG clone.

Back
Top Bottom