• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If next year's consoles do 4k/60..

Soldato
Would you get a GTX 2070s if it was £50 cheaper without the RT?

Yeah definitely

Just to add, I would have a 5700xt right now, it has the performance I need at 1440p 120hz , it has games I like included but keep reading about driver incompatibly issues and im afraid I will start getting rendering device lost on overwatch like I get on my old rig 280x.

Last edited:
Soldato
When I can go on a decent looking games like red dead and switch raytracing on without a big performance hit, I will be interested.

Until then it is just pointless to me and something I would never ever use.

It really puts me off buying a 2070s right now because I feel like im being forced to pay for something I would never ever use.
As it stands right now the use of RT has been atrocious to say the least. I remember talking about some random game a while back that made everything "reflective" just to show case rt. But I digress.
I believe that as developers (unfortunately on console) get more into it you will see it used in a way that's more beneficial. I recall a video of it showcased on Playstation a few years ago.
On a 8k tv no less a long time ago.

Another example:

Check out the resolution and FPS. And these are pre-builds. A lot of the IQ is lost in the compression in YT though.

But it's coming but IMO on console 1st.

Soldato
Just need some keyboard and mouse specifics for this, native support in the big titles and I'm sold.
K+M at 60hz...:o

giphy.gif

Jk :p

Be interesting if they did at least bring some 120hz 1440p mode for fps games with K+M support.

Soldato
When I can go on a decent looking games like red dead and switch raytracing on without a big performance hit, I will be interested.

Until then it is just pointless to me and something I would never ever use.

It really puts me off buying a 2070s right now because I feel like im being forced to pay for something I would never ever use.

Go with a 5700XT then. Cheaper and just as fast.

It’s a shame about current RT perf but it is 1st gen. No doubt ampere possibly even navi 2 will have something far better. But at the end of the day if it gave us RT with no perf loss every man and his dog would want one, as it does work well. Just a shame it hasn’t.

Soldato
Go with a 5700XT then. Cheaper and just as fast.

It’s a shame about current RT perf but it is 1st gen. No doubt ampere possibly even navi 2 will have something far better. But at the end of the day if it gave us RT with no perf loss every man and his dog would want one, as it does work well. Just a shame it hasn’t.

I would get 5700xt if it wasn't for all the driver issues. Every day I read someone else having a problem.

I really enjoy playing competitive overwatch and they have big penalties if you crash out. My old rig with AMD 280x still gets rendering device list on that game and requires reboot mid game.

I suppose I could get one and play for a week and see how it goes, but right now everything is working great for me and very reliable. HDR is working great, Im just worried something will start giving me issues.

I do need a new card though my gtx 1080 is not playing red dead as good as I would like.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
so it has 36 cu's (xbox x 52 cu's at 1825mhz) at a capped max speed of 2.23ghz or 10.23 terraflops.

cpu 3.5ghz max speed.

no wonder they have been candid about specs.

Soldato

These specs, although not on the par of MS at only 10.28TF, is still very impressive. Lets not forget what developers did with PS4/xbox in optimizations.

This presentation lacked any real demonstrations which is what people were looking for.
And, they really didn't talk about RT from what I saw.

Edit:
They did talk about RT Audio but I didn't see anything about RT video.

Last edited:
Soldato

These specs, although not on the par of MS at only 10.28TF, is still very impressive. Lets not forget what developers did with PS4/xbox in optimizations.

This presentation lacked any real demonstrations which is what people were looking for.
And, they really didn't talk about RT from what I saw.

Nice, big step up from current gen then.

Soldato
Nice, big step up from current gen then.
It seems that from MS and Sony (although Sony did more talk on this then MS) they are really talking up RT Audio. Something that I've not read anything from SoundBlaster nor MS for PC in any meaningful way. If I want that level of audio fidelity in my PC games how are we going to utilize RT Audio on PC and what hardware will be used to bring it forward?
Imagine the advantage playing the next COD BO game, crossplay, were console players are using RT Audio and we don't...

Right now, in MW, I have to tweak the EQ for my sound so I can get just as good of sound positioning with my cans that console player can get with cheap headphones.

Last edited:
Associate
I had a feeling it would be disappointing, so XBOX has 18.19% faster GPU (12.15TF vs 10.28TF) and 8.57% faster CPU (3.8GHz vs 3.5GHz). Depending on price, I'll probably switch to XBOX this generation since the vast majority of games I play are cross platform multiplayer games.

Soldato
What i find interesting is the clock speed on the Gpu side. I would assume that's not going to be maxed due to trying to keep the console part in the optimum power envelope. Desktop RDNA 2 parts could amount to something really good and a big step forward for AMD on the gpu side. A 80cu part with over 2ghz clocks out of the box would be pretty powerful if everything scales up nicely. The xbox series x gpu with Playstation 5 clocks would already be close to 2080ti in theory.

There is still the rumour floating around that Sony has a Pro version that might release with the stock Ps5.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom