What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I recently ordered a cheap Chinese watch from AliExpress. From the pics and stuff online that I've seen, it should be quite nice and very good VFM.

It's a San Martin SN064 Sinn T2 homage, will post pics when it arrives.

Soldato
Had rotten luck with watches the past few months. My Seiko automatic quit working after a very minor drop - and they wanted more than the watch is worth to fix it. Then my Bertucci quartz stopped working, but they come with a 3 year warranty (that I was just inside) so figured I got lucky. However, it came back DOA. I really can't be bothered to go through the whole return procedure again for such a relatively inexpensive watch.

So, got a $10 retro Casio digital as a beater. I've also started wearing my Invicta 8926 auto. I got it years ago as it's one of the classic cheapo watches, but never really wore it much as it's a complete Rolex Sub copy....and it turns out it made me feel too self-conscious wearing it :D Absolutely loving it now though.

Don
Shame thought TBH I haven't bought myself a watch in about 5 years

RM out my price range ;) prob only thing I would buy not would be AP ROO if I had chance but it's not high on my priorities

dod

dod

Soldato
speedy day

speedy.jpg

Associate
Gotta love a bit of speedy action!

Here's the Sinn homage I was rattling on about earlier in the thread, it turned up yesterday:

WW0NWrr.jpg.png

How much was this if you don't mind me asking? Just that you said cheap Chinese watch and it definitely doesn't seem like it from the picture

Soldato
How much was this if you don't mind me asking? Just that you said cheap Chinese watch and it definitely doesn't seem like it from the picture

It was £157 on AliExpress (I think there must've been an offer on when I bought it):

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33035...er_id=e7bb7e55ba3841a78b0ef703f903aee3&is_c=N

It was the cheaper ETA clone movement version. Shipping was 11 days from China. Very impressed with it so far but one gripe is that the lug holes are positioned so close to the case that you need curved spring bars to fit anything other than the (nice) bracelet.

Last edited:
Associate
As spring is around the corner I thought I'd try a new NATO strap with a pop of colour on the speedy; dark grey with a yellow stripe. I have the usual metal bracelet and leather straps for it. But it's so cheap to get a collection of NATO's and use them for more casual days. I also find NATO's very comfortable in spring and summer when it gets warmer.

peplMun.jpg

I'm liking this one, may I ask where you got that from? Is there an official NATO shop or something?

Also, any idea if it can fit a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro (22m strap)?

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom