• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
If I didn't have a decent PC I'd be going with the X. So like with my Switch, it will jsut be for exclusives which means I can probs afford to hold off buying one for a year or so.

Caporegime
Its going to be a nightmare for developers they decide they have power left over to add more graphics and then the damn things throttles due to the extra workload, they're going to have balance load.

Soldato
For me the audio talk is immense. Everything was pretty much known & great. Besides better HDR audio is the next great frontier for immersion and spectacle. I look forward to finally being able to utilise a 7.2.4 setup.

Soldato
Weird presentation and really not what Sony needed to be doing given how open MS have been recently.

Still many, many months left to decide but it's done nothing to get me excited for the PS5. Also 825GB of storage is pathetic, the only slight saving grace being compatibility with off-the-shelf NVMe SSDs rather than having to buy a specific proprietary part.

Soldato
As the GDC was cancelled do you not think it should have been redone for wider audience?

Hmm no because then only part of it would be of interest to either party. I'm personally happy to see the consumer show whenever they decide to show games and talk marketing hype etc.
From the wording I never expected to see hte console or games today, I think a lot of people did expect it.

Soldato
I’m no expert but the way Ms has done things seems much better. It runs constant clocks and has a cooling system to cope with it. I kind of get the impression the PS5 is going to be loud when pushed or throttle itself to keep the power down. I suppose if/when the hardware is shown things may be clearer.

Associate
They need to fetch the PS5 Pro sooner now. It would be 72CUs if they did the same again and if Microsoft tried doubling they would need a 104CU part which I don't think would be available for years if at all. Then again Xbox didn't double up last time so may not again, they'll go with just enough to beat PS5 Pro's 72CUs. Anyway this is years off so a bit off topic lol.

Caporegime
What I wanna know is, if Sony worked with AMD on the GPU, how did they not know Microsoft was gonna get a better one?

It all comes down to design decisions and cost. Mark said he prefers less CUs and high frequency because of such and such benefits. Microsoft just went the other way, more CUs and less frequency but they probably shelled out a bit more.

Associate
Them GPU clocks LOOOOL! They ******* got scared when they saw the XSX specs and tried to up the clocks to compensate. There is no way they will hit them clocks for any decent amount of time. Its going to be a furnace.

Caporegime
So are we expecting backcompat on the level of the X? I'm not, MS have done a really great job on that front especially upscaling older games auto.

From what I can make out, it seems the PS5 won't have 100% BC for a start and the games will just run as they do now - in either base PS4 or PS4 Pro modes where applicable. MS will probably be doing a 1080p to 4K upscale.

Back
Top Bottom