Black Mesa 1.0 coming to Steam March 5th!

Soldato
Can anyone help with how to install this please?

Ive downloaded the software and started the installer and now it is asking me which rendering api the game uses.. The choices are Direct3D9, Direct3D 10/11/12, Open GL, Vulcan.

When they ask, select D3D9. If you're ever unsure about a game, go to its pcgamingwiki page and check it out. https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Black_Mesa

Btw, in that video they are using a shader that's in development and access to which is not free. https://www.patreon.com/mcflypg

Soldato
Thanks. Ive selected DX9 and its all gone into the game fine but I am presented with a huge list of effects and don't know what to pick?

This is stupid and im annoyed already after only a couple of minutes. I 'just' want to enable it with one click not spend hours configuring.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Just finished this, great remake but I didn't know how much content they added to Zen, almost too much by the end.

Soldato
I'm not quite at Zen yet but it's very, very good. A very solid recommendation from me. The helicopter can go **** itself with a spiked broomhandle though.

Permabanned
Why isn't this free???

Do you work for free?

The 2012 version was free, all you had to own was one of the HL(2 AFAIR) game so it could be installed and use its base engine but at release in Sep 2012 they did a larger full free standalone.

Then again in 2015 (AFAIR) they did another update using newer source engine with Valves blessing) so this is when it changed.

Caporegime
Im not at Xen yet.

I think theres about 16 levels of Xen, something like that in this, as im sure they said they'd expanded it.

Its a cracking game, i got the free version at first, then paid for it, thought why not, as its worth buying.

Soldato
Yeah I get the gripes given that it was meant to be free at first but hey, it's amazing and i've played worse games that i've spent £50 on, in fact I stumped that up for a certain other game this week that proved to be a massive let down.

So if my £15 means they have the money to go on and give Blueshift or Opposing Force the same treatment it's money well spent.

Back
Top Bottom