Additional Car Security

Associate
On my Golf R you can disable the keyless entry by locking it with the key and then holding finger over the lock sensor on the door after the mirrors have folded in (google it and you will find a video) - bit of a faff but thats what we do and it works well.

Also I would think about the locks on the doors of your house - google lock snapping if you have euro style locks on your doors - I totally knew nothing about this despite having done all the usual CCTV, home alarm etc etc. - Pretty much went straight out and replaced all the locks.

I have also read a lot about autowatch ghost but I agree with everyone else - if they are willing to get past all the other measures I have taken I dont want them coming back to face my or the wife to get the autowatch code - they can take the car.

Soldato
if they are willing to get past all the other measures I have taken I dont want them coming back to face my or the wife to get the autowatch code - they can take the car.

Indeed, if you have been targeted by car thieves who have made the decision to act and they aren't worried by what minor things you have done to secure the car, either stand and bang (and get merked up because lets face it, you are probably a lot less hard than OCG car thiefs) or let them have it whilst calling 999 and keeping your family safe.

Most security is simply theatre to make law abiding people feel safe from people who actually know about crime, be it because they are criminals or they are working for the police.

Caporegime
Most security is simply theatre to make law abiding people feel safe from people who actually know about crime, be it because they are criminals or they are working for the police.

It'll deter or stop the more "casual" opportunistic thieving, but anything remotely planned or organised... nope, just makes your own life more difficult. I'd never bother with a disklock for this reason, I cba faffing around with one, I don't want it rattling around in the boot, and I don't really want the additional expense.

Back
Top Bottom