Folding plans to test for Covid-19

PDW

PDW

Associate
I think the default setting of '-1' for a CPU slot is to assume a maximum of 32 threads less 1 thread for a GPU.
You can change values using FAHControl on the machine, go into Configure and then Slots.
There you can either Edit the existing CPU slot details or add another one to specify exactly how many threads to use.
Adding another slot for 15 threads should work straight away, editing the existing one might need to wait for a new work unit to start or just possibly an FAHControl restart. I only use my GPU so not entirely sure of procedure for CPU stuff.

31 + 15 + 1 for GPU + 1 spare for the system to think about other things !

Associate
My current hardware is eating through WU's at a pace - I could easier double the total points I had from when I ran this years ago (99 WUs 40,000 points) from the WUs I can do in 2 days (first 2 WUs = 16,000). The dual W5130 Xeon with Nvidia quadro 3500 was pretty good workstation in its day.

Soldato
I have installed this on my personal machine (Gaming laptop Ryzen 7 3750H), nothing as beefy as you guys, but it sat idle for an hour so far - will I just leave it and hope it gets a 'WU' ?

Thanks

Edit seems to connected, will leave it running while I am working :)

Last edited:
Associate
WU for me seem to have dried up havent had a cpu WU in nearly 48 hours and this morning came down to an idle gpu also hopefully they can produce enough WU to cope with the massive influx of donors

Soldato
Linus video yesterday stated they went from 30k monthly users to over 400k , why WU are taking a while to download and submit. Linus is looking at getting a server setup to help with the WU demands.

Associate
Linus video yesterday stated they went from 30k monthly users to over 400k, why WU are taking a while to download and submit. Linus is looking at getting a server setup to help with the WU demands.

Yeah it has no doubt had another 50-100k after that video, just looked its had 837k views already. I reckon a good 10% will give it a go at least, even if only for a few days.

Soldato
Just caught my CPU F@H doing some work for once (after sitting idle leaving BOINC Rosetta@Home time to build 80K of credit!). Project 13851.. Corvid 19 :)

Associate
Hopefully, a good number of people will continue to donate their idle hardware for fodling@home. I hope they update their client software more regularly. The web client often fails to load any data and the advanced control has some minor issues for years like the project link not working via advanced control. A much more user-friendly interface and a new protein viewer that looks great would be nice, too.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I hope they update their client software more regularly. The web client often fails to load any data and the advanced control has some minor issues for years like the project link not working via advanced control. A much more user-friendly interface and a new protein viewer that looks great would be nice, too.

Open it up on Edge, for some reason it enjoys this browser but hates Brave.

Back
Top Bottom