Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

Associate
I started a new game on Ironman to try out the DLC and other than having a senate style voting system that gives perks in some areas and negative in others I haven't noticed anything different yet.

Soldato
My sentiments exactly. I haven't seen a late game crisis in years. I get to around 2600 and it's like watching paint dry. One day is about 3-4 seconds.

I thought this was just my aging system struggling to keep up with the late complexities in the game. But i agree it's extremely frustrating that "fast" and "faster" modes run about the same speed as normal, possibly even bordering "slow" towards end game.

Hope to try the federations DLC in the next few days.

Associate
I'm thinking of starting on Stellaris. I have the base game plus all DLCs, and I'm wondering if the tutorial is still valid after all the released extra content, and if it would be advisable to disable any additional content while trying to get to grips with it.

Oh, and I don't enjoy Youtube tutorials; I like to figure things out on my own.

Associate
I'm thinking of starting on Stellaris. I have the base game plus all DLCs, and I'm wondering if the tutorial is still valid after all the released extra content, and if it would be advisable to disable any additional content while trying to get to grips with it.

Oh, and I don't enjoy Youtube tutorials; I like to figure things out on my own.

To be fare it isn't that hard just have to have your thinking cap on but other then that check this guy out he is good at explaining things he has a load of video's from the past two months and some back a bit but this should get you up and running, and he has a few good game plays videos like The Perfect Rush Build which is how I found his channel.

Don't disable anything just jump in and if you get stuck look up a video on the channel above

Also with the other's chatting Yes the performance improvement is great late game say +1million fleet power game was still running as if it was on fast on the faster setting so it is much better.

Last edited:
Associate
What are people favourite origins?

I am enjoying Scion, getting 6k fallen empire fleet within first 2 years of games start helps, then 5k alloys few years later plus who will dare attack you.

Also lost colony is fun playing as a purifier. Met the original race who where psionic, got some of there pops in my empire then went synth ascension with my perks.

Now have psionic synth leaders which are amazing.

Associate
Which dlc's would be considered a must at this point or just better to get the rest that I am missing? (am missing : Federations, Lithoids Species Pack, Ancient Relics and MegaCorp)

Soldato
Which dlc's would be considered a must at this point or just better to get the rest that I am missing? (am missing : Federations, Lithoids Species Pack, Ancient Relics and MegaCorp)

For me, Megacorp was fairly worth it for the mega-structures and slightly different play style of the megacorps. Ancient Relics offered some interesting exploration/story/events to the fairly stale at this point vanilla events and I don't own Federations/Lithoids so can't comment on them.

Associate
For me, Megacorp was fairly worth it for the mega-structures and slightly different play style of the megacorps. Ancient Relics offered some interesting exploration/story/events to the fairly stale at this point vanilla events and I don't own Federations/Lithoids so can't comment on them.

ok, ty

Man of Honour
This game really needs a manual for quick reference. The tutorial is rubbish and the game tells me that I have spare traits and something else to apply but I have no idea how to. I have around 20 hours of play so far but have no idea what I am doing and am just basically reacting to things around me.

Back
Top Bottom