LG c9 OLED

Soldato
The 65" panel is currently on sale on a few sites for 1799? Worth it or wait for C10? I'm still rocking a 7 year old 55" LG; which alas hasn't failed yet so in two minds to pull the trigger or wait.

Soldato
Not a great difference between C9 and C10. The C9 might come down a bit further when the C10 comes out or it may just be discontinued. Tbh the C9 is fantastic and supports all upcoming features of HDMI 2.1. If you have the money then why wait there is always something better coming out. I upgraded from a 55” B6 to the 65” B9 so coming from your 7 year old set I’m sure you will be more than happy.

Soldato
Yea I would just wait for some decent discounts on the C9 range. From what I’ve read the CX is not that different. I think better processor is the main upgrade.

I might switch living room Samsung for the 48 BX or CX however. Love my B9 is just a fantastic tv. Just depends on how pricey they are.

Caporegime
Got one of these arriving tomorrow, coming from a B7 as my father has offered to buy it off me.

I was going to upgrade next year anyway as I'll need HDMI 2.1 for the new consoles, from what I understand I shouldn't expect much difference in PQ, just a snappier menu, more apps and some better features. I can't understand why my B7 has a USB 3.0 port though and the C9 doesn't, hope this doesn't affect playback of large 4k files? It's also a bit concerning why they can't put a gigabit Ethernet port on TVs they consider future proof :confused:

Soldato
I have used the usb and mine is wired for net and not had any issues playing 4K content. Did not realise it was only usb 2 rather than 3 though. Pretty sure my B6 had usb 3 so strange they would not include it for latest model.

Last edited:
Associate
Got one of these arriving tomorrow, coming from a B7 as my father has offered to buy it off me.

I was going to upgrade next year anyway as I'll need HDMI 2.1 for the new consoles, from what I understand I shouldn't expect much difference in PQ, just a snappier menu, more apps and some better features. I can't understand why my B7 has a USB 3.0 port though and the C9 doesn't, hope this doesn't affect playback of large 4k files? It's also a bit concerning why they can't put a gigabit Ethernet port on TVs they consider future proof :confused:

I recently upgraded from a B7 to a C9 and like you my expectations weren't that high and I did it mainly for the HDMI2.1 and I've been pleasantly surprised; picture quality is definitely an improvement and SD broadcasts are upscaled better.

Soldato

You can just plug a USB->Eth gigabit adaptor into one of the USB ports.

Caporegime
I'm pleased with the panel, it's a definite upgrade over the B7, near black performance is better and banding isn't noticeable in the content I've tried so far which I know for a fact had issues on the B7.

Don't have a console at the moment but looking forward to trying it out on the upcoming ones at the end of the year.

Associate
Planning to get a 65" C9 but just don't know if there will be any price drops soon. With all this Coronavirus stuff going on, I'm wondering if prices will stay the same or drop. :rolleyes:

Associate
if you/family are going to be self isolating very soon I'd crack on tbh and make life more pleasant. soon you might find they cant get it or deliver it to you...

Soldato
Planning to get a 65" C9 but just don't know if there will be any price drops soon. With all this Coronavirus stuff going on, I'm wondering if prices will stay the same or drop. :rolleyes:
I'm in the same boat, I'm off work for the second week of Easter and I was going to book a delivery for then but I don't want them to go up in price, although i can't imagine many people buying TVs.

Soldato
77'' Panel is still way too over priced.

really bummed out as 65'' feels tiny after using a 100'' projector.

Really stuck between worlds of ultimate PQ and ultimate cinema experience. i feel the 77'' would be a great compromise but its over priced at £5.5k

Back
Top Bottom