Resident Evil 3 Remake

Caporegime

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Managed to play the demo maxed out on a 2070S 8GB even though the game said I'd be using 12GB of VRAM lol. Maintained a constant 60fps at 3440x1440. Game looks fantastic and there is some impressive lighting. As I'm in the process of playing Metro Exodus too and now this demo, I'm amazed how far graphics have come in recent years. The quality of ingame GFX rivals that of cut scenes to the point it's impossible to know which is which and makes the gaming immersion to the story all the better for it.

I will probably grab the full game once I am done with current games and it's on some kind of deal. Not the kind of game I'd buy right away but impressive and brought back memories of the original too so there is that.

One annoying thing, no matter what display mode I choose, the mouse cursor is visible in game! Even in my Geforce Experience recording the cursor can be seen mooching about as I go about my gameplay!

Soldato
The quality of ingame GFX rivals that of cut scenes to the point it's impossible to know which is which and makes the gaming immersion to the story all the better for it.

Yeah gfx are now at the point that you really do get immersed into the game and feel almost like you're actually exploring a creepy mansion (RE7). In early 2000 the only way to do that was to have pre rendered backgrounds, but now in game gfx look better and are even more detailed than the pre rendered backgrounds that wow'd me at the time.

Back
Top Bottom