• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Permabanned
I hate MP, so that is a point to you but I also do not like consoles or way they move a person on screen with controllers (even with advantage of analogue stick for walk/run etc).

I am a Mouse+KB FPS gamer (campaign only).

I have no clue how you can think most of the game look better on consoles, must be the OLED fooling your eyes but I agree LCD is poor, trey your PC on the TV and compare.

Associate
It's it bad the most exciting thing I have seen on the Xbox is the share button on the controller?

What would be a real game changer would be if MS announce that Series X has some basic PC functionality like running a cut down 'usable' version of Windows on it for basic things like Office 365 although, how difficult to implement and secure it would be the challenge.

Shawrey

Soldato
What would be a real game changer would be if MS announce that Series X has some basic PC functionality like running a cut down 'usable' version of Windows on it for basic things like Office 365 although, how difficult to implement and secure it would be the challenge.

Shawrey

Absolutely zero chance off them focussing on anything but gaming after the backlash they got for trying to make the original xbox one a media hub first.

Associate
Absolutely zero chance off them focussing on anything but gaming after the backlash they got for trying to make the original xbox one a media hub first.

Agreed - certainly at release the focus should be games!

Although, could you imagine how nuts people would go for one should a usable version of Windows crop up later down the line as a USP? They'd sell them by the cart loads.

Shawrey

Soldato

Frustratingly that was the best thing about the X1.

Trouble is the market is dictated by little boys in their bedrooms with headsets on playing shooters, rather than the adult end of the market who usually game in their lounge.

Soldato
I would rather not game than own a console TBH, and hear it every time that this is going to be the best thing since sliced bread/second coming.

Thanks for coming to the console forum to share that with us.

I love gaming, whether it's a console, PC or a phone.

If you're happy to miss out on some of the most amazing experiences purely down to the platform it's on I feel quite sorry for you.

Associate
I'm hoping xbox can really deliver some good news about the new developer studios soon. Halo 6 just ain't gonna cut it with Sony offering medievil and FF7, for me anyways. The xbox backwards compatibility is great, but i'm too into old PC games that never even saw console releases.

Soldato

I can't imagine anything worse, Windows 10 has improved in certain areas but is still pretty bad. The split personality still exists where half the settings are in Settings but a ton of stuff is still in Control Panel, just choose one MS!

Loved my 360, the blade interface was great but X1 has always looked like a dog in my opinion. Switch and PS4 got it right, just simple and clean UI, and no bloody ads on the main page.

Associate
Agree with that ^^

360 despite it's noise was a really really good console. Xb1, worst console i ever owned. Less sound settings even than the 360, and propriety rubbish was a thing with xb1 also.

Associate
90521305_10163035410535517_1638416017812094976_o.jpg

(I'm not buying either, btw)

Soldato
Hope they have the UI nailed at launch. It's been a complete shambles and lag filled mess since day 1.
It's only started to feel ok to use since the latest version.

Soldato
Both consoles are proper beefy and impressive but will it go the same way where just like now the One X is mediocre spec compared to a PC.

I really can't think what to do.
No absolutely not, at this point in time the Series X is probably on par with the absolute top PC you could get.

Associate
No absolutely not, at this point in time the Series X is probably on par with the absolute top PC you could get.

This!

Running an 8 Core Navi 2 based CPU and an RDNA2 based GPU which isn't even released on the PC market yet is hardly a 'mediocre' PC. This is probably way faster than 90% of the current 'gaming' PC's out there especially considering that on the most recent Steam survey the most common configuration is a 4 core CPU and a GTX 1060 gpu!

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

The Series X is supposedly as powerful as a GTX 2080 which is less than 1% of the survey results...

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom