Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
Looks lovely that, very nice choice.

I've had the new A250 for a few weeks now, it's in white with the premium pack and AMG Line bodykit. Absolute joy to drive, the interior is almost identical to yours, it's stunning, mine doesn't have the aluminium trim on the doors though. Even the A250 has a respectable amount of power, that will be quick! It's the first Auto I've ever had, can't see myself going back to manual tbh. The saloon version does look much better than the hatch though. Nice choice of colour as well.

Glad your enjoying it. hows the handling? would I really miss the cheap thrills of a fiesta st if I brought one or should i stretch my budget fo a A35?

Soldato
Glad your enjoying it. hows the handling? would I really miss the cheap thrills of a fiesta st if I brought one or should i stretch my budget fo a A35?

I haven't pushed mine enough to notice any downsides with the handling tbh, mine stays in comfort mode and it is just effortless to drive. I came from a big 1.5 diesel which struggled to shift so this can't really be compared.

My mate has an A35 for a little while, I should get a chance to drive it next week hopefully, want to feel the difference. Its an overall very nice package though these new mercs, they look nice, they're built well, the interior is packed with tech and looks stunning. First thing I did when mine came was wrap the roof in black, light tint the front and remove the A250 badge to tidy the rear. Looks nicer now imo but the saloons still look better.

Associate
I haven't pushed mine enough to notice any downsides with the handling tbh, mine stays in comfort mode and it is just effortless to drive. I came from a big 1.5 diesel which struggled to shift so this can't really be compared.

My mate has an A35 for a little while, I should get a chance to drive it next week hopefully, want to feel the difference. Its an overall very nice package though these new mercs, they look nice, they're built well, the interior is packed with tech and looks stunning. First thing I did when mine came was wrap the roof in black, light tint the front and remove the A250 badge to tidy the rear. Looks nicer now imo but the saloons still look better.

Thanks for the reply. Yes the saloon looks better but theres more deals to be had on the hatch it seems £37000-38000 is the most I want to pay for a denim blue AMG 35 with Premium pack at least. If this deal is still around in January when I will have the cash to buy the car out right then I may go for it https://www.drivethedeal.com/SpecialOffers.aspx search for mercedes deals and its the top offer.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Such a shame about the new emission rules that make the new AMG's sound dreadful! Looks like the last good year to get a C63s would be the 2018 model

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Such a shame about the new emission rules that make the new AMG's sound dreadful! Looks like the last good year to get a C63s would be the 2017 model

Yeah the new C43 cars sound a lot more muffled and less impressive than mine which is a 2018 without the PPF/EU Reg changes.

Mine sounds a lot more dirty and the sound on the upshifts are far more impressive. I was planning on getting a new one this year, but after I'd heard those and driven one, I was put off the idea as it would feel like a downgrade. Not heard the difference between the C63's yet, I did drive a 2019 one which sounded lovely, but it left me feeling disappointed as the noise didn't excite me as much as mine, was far too grown up with less theatre about it

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Yeah the new C43 cars sound a lot more muffled and less impressive than mine which is a 2018 without the PPF/EU Reg changes.

Mine sounds a lot more dirty and the sound on the upshifts are far more impressive. I was planning on getting a new one this year, but after I'd heard those and driven one, I was put off the idea as it would feel like a downgrade. Not heard the difference between the C63's yet, I did drive a 2019 one which sounded lovely, but it left me feeling disappointed as the noise didn't excite me as much as mine, was far too grown up with less theatre about it

I think all the AMG models have essentially suffered because of this. Whether it be the C43, C63, A54, E63s etc etc... Every 2019 model has suffered the same and don't sound anywhere near as good as the previous years models.

I think you are quite lucky in fact the 2018 was the last years model before the changes were made, so anyone who bought the 2019 models I feel bad for. One of the main reasons I like the AMG's is for their sound, and now that thats not there anymore, there is much less reason to buy one of these.

Associate
Such a shame about the new emission rules that make the new AMG's sound dreadful! Looks like the last good year to get a C63s would be the 2018 model

I wouldn't say they sound dreadful. Depending on the mode the car is in it's not as loud and as in your face as before whilst tootling around town, that's true. The cars will still pop/crackle/bang when pushing on but it's no where near as loud as the pre-facelift. People have started to replace parts/the full exhaust system and it sounds massively different. One of the issues is as @Steedie stated the OPF.

Which version of the car did you drive? Did you get it out of comfort/switch the exhaust valves to open a bit more (they still don't fully open until you're starting to push it) and were you allowed to push the car at all?

Man of Honour
I wouldn't say they sound dreadful. Depending on the mode the car is in it's not as loud and as in your face as before whilst tootling around town, that's true. The cars will still pop/crackle/bang when pushing on but it's no where near as loud as the pre-facelift. People have started to replace parts/the full exhaust system and it sounds massively different. One of the issues is as @Steedie stated the OPF.

Which version of the car did you drive? Did you get it out of comfort/switch the exhaust valves to open a bit more (they still don't fully open until you're starting to push it) and were you allowed to push the car at all?

It was a MY19 Coupe. Just the C63 not the S. Drove it around 10-12 miles on some A roads and twisty B roads. Had it in Sport+ and the noise button on. Was pretty much flooring it whenever I could :D Don’t get me wrong, it sounded glorious but in a much more mature and grown up way.

I’m still clinging on to my youth so I prefer the borderline obnoxiousness of my C43 with all the cracks and pops, and that much more raw and dirty exhaust note. Whereas the C63 was generally louder all the time but more sophisticated kind of noise in comparison. It didn’t put the smile on my face that my car does

Soldato
Looks lovely that, very nice choice.

I've had the new A250 for a few weeks now, it's in white with the premium pack and AMG Line bodykit. Absolute joy to drive, the interior is almost identical to yours, it's stunning, mine doesn't have the aluminium trim on the doors though. Even the A250 has a respectable amount of power, that will be quick! It's the first Auto I've ever had, can't see myself going back to manual tbh. The saloon version does look much better than the hatch though. Nice choice of colour as well.
No CLA 250 yet, I cancelled my order made back in May as there doesn't seem to be any sold in the UK...

Soldato
Been looking at getting a new car soon and seen a Mercedes Benz c200 estate at automart in Lancaster that looks nice, it's a 2017 model that has premium plus trim. Anyone got any views on them? Need something biggish that I could squeeze 3 kids in on the odd occasion for short journeys and with a proper boot for the dog.

Soldato
Does anyone know how to use Comand to scan through a song when playing Spotify through your phone? Assuming it's even possible, that is.

Been looking at getting a new car soon and seen a Mercedes Benz c200 estate at automart in Lancaster that looks nice, it's a 2017 model that has premium plus trim. Anyone got any views on them? Need something biggish that I could squeeze 3 kids in on the odd occasion for short journeys and with a proper boot for the dog.
My wife has a C200 saloon - although it has the newer 1.5 petrol engine with battery assist which I think is different to the 2017 model. Drives well enough and is quite economical (indicated 32mpg around town and 45+ on a motorway run). Premium plus adds some nice toys, although I'd consider most of them non-essential apart from the Burmester stereo. Having had a courtesy car with the standard stereo it's a very big difference, and I don't consider myself an audiophile at all. You'll have no issues getting the dog in the boot of the estate, although fitting 3 kids in may be a squeeze depending on their ages and if you need to use car seats. The only gripe I had about the estate is that the auto tailgate takes an age to open. The saloons are much quicker, but obviously have less mass to move.

Soldato

I own a 66plate c250d estate AMG premium plus and it is a very capable car, however a few things to note.
- with a car seat the middle seat is no longer useable
- boot is a good size but not as large as others in the same class
- 7 speed gearbox in mind can be a little slow in comfort
- infotainment interaction is a little odd as, for example, you have no skip track buttons on the steering wheel which means you need to click another button before changing track
- sat nav is good but can select some unusual routes
- comfort is good but sometimes I just cannot stay comfortable after a few hours, although my car does have the 19s on run flats which probably do not help
- burmester audio is very very good

Hope that helps you a little.

Soldato
Ahh that's a shame, we normally have a biggish car seat a little booster seat and one in no seat. Presume the e class are just longer rather than wider?
If I can't find something in Mercedes that will do the job then I might end up looking at the BMW 220/218

Back
Top Bottom