The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Soldato
No sorry it was an original windows 10 install but some recent windows patch played merry havoc with the graphics card memory usage. The game was using 3.5Gb of memory instead to the usual 900Mb according to task manager. I found a recent update for the graphics card drivers that sorted it.

Caporegime
With the version I'm using, I am getting 60+ with a GTX970 at 1920*1080 and the system the screenshots are from is a 1080ti pushing 100fps at 3440*1440.

Edit to add: here's the mod list.

qi9HF27.png

JlntaW9.png

Thanks man... very similar mod iist to mine! I've now decided to wait for a GPU upgrade to Ampere before I start this again as my GTX1070 is feeling its age in a fully modded Skyrim and struggles in some areas. I swear modding Skyrim is as time-consuming as playing the game itself! :D

No sorry it was an original windows 10 install but some recent windows patch played merry havoc with the graphics card memory usage. The game was using 3.5Gb of memory instead to the usual 900Mb according to task manager. I found a recent update for the graphics card drivers that sorted it.
Ok cool, good man. :D

Soldato
I've got a fully modded version of the game available if anyone is interested in trying it out. It should mean a single download and then a couple of minimal tweaks and you're off and running.

Send me a Trust if you want to try it out.

Oh, and you need to own the game as it's just the modded extras I'm making available. :)

I've sent you a trust, those mods look great!

Particularly interested in getting widescreen to work, my initial attempt will only work if launching without Mod Organizer, so not much use.

Soldato

Particularly interested in getting widescreen to work, my initial attempt will only work if launching without Mod Organizer, so not much use.

Have sent you a link, post here if you need any help getting it going.

Oh, and it goes without saying that you should plan to start fresh with this, it won't be compatible with any other modded version but it should be compatible with a vanilla save.

Soldato

Did you use this mod for widescreen; Complete Widescreen Fix for Vanilla and SkyUI 2.2 and 5.2 SE ?? Last time I played I used it and it worked fine, and I saw it been updated this year as well so still maintained.

Then you also have Flawless Widescreen, although to be honest not quiet sure how that one is doing nowdays, been a while since I used it myself. Just thought I give you another option incase modding it don't work for you.

Soldato

Oh, and it goes without saying that you should plan to start fresh with this, it won't be compatible with any other modded version but it should be compatible with a vanilla save.

Cheers, bud.

Yeh, I'm starting afresh, but won't play it until I can get WS working.

Did you use this mod for widescreen; Complete Widescreen Fix for Vanilla and SkyUI 2.2 and 5.2 SE ?? Last time I played I used it and it worked fine, and I saw it been updated this year as well so still maintained.

Then you also have Flawless Widescreen, although to be honest not quiet sure how that one is doing nowdays, been a while since I used it myself. Just thought I give you another option incase modding it don't work for you.

I did, couldn't get it to work.

Also have Flawless, but didn't (forgot about it) try that.

I'm hoping I can get String's mods to work.

Soldato
I did, couldn't get it to work.

Also have Flawless, but didn't (forgot about it) try that.

I'm hoping I can get String's mods to work.
Gotcha. Looking at his mod list, seems it is the same mod he using though. Just start with the DLC's, Unofficial Patch, SkuUI (required by the WS mod) and no other mods and see if you can get it working. Then just add a couple mods each time to make sure it wont break. Tiresome but might be worth it in the end ? (I am bad when modding, ending up with 20, or more mods, before starting the game. Was fun first time when doing that, the ride in the prologue at first was.. interesting.. shall we say ? :D )

Soldato

I can't make sense of the download.

Can't see the mods to install via mod manager, just multiple files within multiple folders.

Soldato
Yea, don't use Mod Manager just paste the files into your Skyrim SE Directory.

I thought if I right clicked on the main folder (Skyrim Special Edition) and clicked download it would d/l everything in that folder but it didn't.

For example, the data folder (from the above method) is 1.27GB.

I went into the Skyrim Special Edition folder where there is another data folder, amongst others.

I d/l that and it is 2.14GB in size. :/

I don't know what I'm doing. :p

I'll probably just d/l the mods from your list.

Soldato
No worries mate, was worth a try.

You (or anyone else :)) might be able to help me here, this applies to a lot of mods.

I've d/l and installed Skyland-A Landscape Texture Overhaul.

Now there are additions to this, Skyland Whiterun, The Rift, Alternate Mountains, etc, etc.

When I install one of these, I get the message to replace, merge etc. Which is the correct one?

Soldato
Generally always select replace unless there's a related mod.

Example: you are installing HD textures and it asks about Whiterun, however you've installed a specific Whiterun mod. You don't want to overwrite the specific mod. The specific mod should be installed after the generic mod.

Other examples would be asking to replace grass textures when you've installed a flora overhaul mod.

However, default to replace if you're not sure.

Soldato
Generally always select replace unless there's a related mod.

Example: you are installing HD textures and it asks about Whiterun, however you've installed a specific Whiterun mod. You don't want to overwrite the specific mod. The specific mod should be installed after the generic mod.

Other examples would be asking to replace grass textures when you've installed a flora overhaul mod.

However, default to replace if you're not sure.

Cheers.

The Skyland mod I mentioned says it covers a multitude of areas, including Whiterun, but then lists below another multitude of mods, including Whiterun again.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3820?tab=description

Are you supposed to install all of them in addition to the main one?

And select replace?

Back
Top Bottom