• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GIGABYTE RTX 2070 WINDFORCE X2 REV3.0 - Fan Rattle :(

Soldato
Thank you alex h, very much this!

This is extreme possibly once in a life time event, and as such I believe they should go all out to help people... The fact they've admitted most of the staff isn't working at OCUK and they only have ONE technician doing all the RMA's etc doesn't bode well
Card can be had for less mate Google is your friend

Soldato
It's a brand new card mate he only got it yesterday so I'd not be happy if they said this to me in his circumstances
and under normal circumstances i'd not be happy either but we aren't in a normal circumstances situation.
but on there side its this virus problem and they have shortage of staff but that's not the ops fault and yes they're offering a refund as soon as card gets to them but for some reason can't just replace it and could end up costing them as op could go elsewhere and spend his cash
they can offer a refund immediately because it takes a few days for the refund to process through the system thereby giving them time to check the card and stop the refund process if it's found to not be faulty. at which point they likely charge a testing fee then refund the balance. i'd put a few quid on the op not getting a refund for at least the full 5 working days if that's the route he goes down.

the problem is that everyone is expecting to be treated extra special at the moment when companies will be massively down on staff and indeed probably even down on revenue which makes it doubly difficult for them to go the extra mile. of course that's not the ops problem but i think we all have to be a bit more forgiving at present. OcUK haven't told the op to sod off, they haven't refused to help him. they've offered to have the card picked up - that's pretty much all they can do. they've one tech on site, they can't treat every request that comes in as urgent - well they can but they none will be urgent anyway as the tech will be snowed under with all the urgent orders.

without a doubt it's a crap situation for the op to be in without even considering his personal circumstances but i think in this instance he should also be cutting them a bit of slack. i note the op saying he thinks they should go all out to help people. OcUK are a company selling non life essential big boy toys - for want of a better term - they aren't going to be able to go all out to help everyone - they be in the crapper a ***** sight quicker than they might well end up anyway given the current situation if they went 'all out' on everyone throwing them a sob story. i'd understand the 'they must go all out' attitude if they were selling essential goods such as medical supplies etc but it's a graphics card and he might have to be without it for a few days while it's rma'd. there isn't gonna be any company in the current climate going 'all out'

p.s. i'm not being dismissive of the op's condition by using the term 'sob story' but the reality is companies like oc will probably be getting stories like that on a daily basis from chancers, in the hope it pushes their own return further along the queue.

i hope the op gets sorted out in some way as quick as is possible but sadly we are in a situation where we all just have to try and be a bit more patient with all that is going on.

Soldato
and under normal circumstances i'd not be happy either but we aren't in a normal circumstances situation.

they can offer a refund immediately because it takes a few days for the refund to process through the system thereby giving them time to check the card and stop the refund process if it's found to not be faulty. at which point they likely charge a testing fee then refund the balance. i'd put a few quid on the op not getting a refund for at least the full 5 working days if that's the route he goes down.

the problem is that everyone is expecting to be treated extra special at the moment when companies will be massively down on staff and indeed probably even down on revenue which makes it doubly difficult for them to go the extra mile. of course that's not the ops problem but i think we all have to be a bit more forgiving at present. OcUK haven't told the op to sod off, they haven't refused to help him. they've offered to have the card picked up - that's pretty much all they can do. they've one tech on site, they can't treat every request that comes in as urgent - well they can but they none will be urgent anyway as the tech will be snowed under with all the urgent orders.

without a doubt it's a crap situation for the op to be in without even considering his personal circumstances but i think in this instance he should also be cutting them a bit of slack. i note the op saying he thinks they should go all out to help people. OcUK are a company selling non life essential big boy toys - for want of a better term - they aren't going to be able to go all out to help everyone - they be in the crapper a ***** sight quicker than they might well end up anyway given the current situation if they went 'all out' on everyone throwing them a sob story. i'd understand the 'they must go all out' attitude if they were selling essential goods such as medical supplies etc but it's a graphics card and he might have to be without it for a few days while it's rma'd. there isn't gonna be any company in the current climate going 'all out'

p.s. i'm not being dismissive of the op's condition by using the term 'sob story' but the reality is companies like oc will probably be getting stories like that on a daily basis from chancers, in the hope it pushes their own return further along the queue.

i hope the op gets sorted out in some way as quick as is possible but sadly we are in a situation where we all just have to try and be a bit more patient with all that is going on.
They can't stop a refund under the 14 day law for returns which ocuk advertises that's not the issue mate the op could return the card under dsr law for a refund even if the card wasn't faulty just a change of mind that he doesn't want it anymore so I can't see why they just can't send another card to him the they keep the sale as that's all the op wants is a card that works no special treatment at all when I took my card back on Monday I was offered a straight swap like for like with out testing the card I bought back or refund my card was a gigabyte aorus 5700xt i swapped card for a nvidIa 2070s so had to have refund then buy the 2070s but all the op wants is a straight swap and my refund was done straight away
As for ocuk I can only praise the staff for the way they dealt with my situation I've always found them to be excellent when things go wrong

Last edited:
Soldato
They can't stop a refund under the 14 day law for returns which ocuk advertises that's not the issue mate the op could return the card under dsr law for a refund even if the card wasn't faulty just a change of mind that he doesn't want it anymore so I can't see why they just can't send another card to him the they keep the sale as that's all the op wants is a card that works no special treatment at all when I took my card back on Monday I was offered a straight swap like for like with out testing the card I bought back or refund my card was a gigabyte aorus 5700xt i swapped card for a nvidIa 2070s so had to have refund then buy the 2070s but all the op wants is a straight swap and my refund was done straight away
As for ocuk I can only praise the staff for the way they dealt with my situation I've always found them to be excellent when things go wrong
i know they can't stop a refund for an order under 14 days if the buyer simply changes their mind but in this instance the buyer has already notified them that it has a problem. so that point is irrelevant - testing needs to be done now to verify the fault. unfortunately the op does want special treatment becuase he's asking for something that is outside of their normal returns procedure so by definition it is special treatment - i know that sounds arsey but it's not meant to be it's just the truth, crappy as it may seem. and i'll guarantee you that card you had swapped out on monday was tested long before you'd wandered back out of the shop - or else you struck it super lucky :p they also probably had plenty of staff on monday. this virus and it's knock-n repercussions is accelerating, i know one office in our company that was on full staff quota middle of last week, following day, 80% off (various reasons but mainly staff self isolating by choice or having to tend to kids that had been sent home). that's impossible to plan for and makes accomodating a customers special treatment near on impossible.

don't get me wrong - if it wasn't for COVID-19 i'd be up in arms with the op and telling him to shop elsewhere. but i just don't think we should be crucifing businesses at the minute - many will be getting stretched to breaking point, if not already then almost certainly in the not too distant future OcUK will start to feel the financial pinch big time.

anywho - genuinely hope the op does get a quick turnaround on his rma. i can imagine the mood i'd be in if i was in his shoes and couldn't get my game on!

best wishes to the op and hope everyone keeps safe and well.

Soldato
I'm not crucifying ocuk I've always found them top notch myself oh and my card was in my hands when it was offered to be swapped out I think if op could get to the shop it would be different but he can't and as they're short staffed I appreciate they can't do everything I've seen a couple of instances this last week were items hunt been sent oh I'm not judging you our having a go at you like you say it's strange circumstances at mo

Soldato
I bought a HIS 7950 that had that exact rattle and I could not be bothered sending it back so I sprayed the teeniest wee smidgen of lithium grease straight into the fan and it was gone.

Even though Iv'e told you I done this attempted repair, I imagine they couldn't possibly prove you done anything like that as you already reported the fault.

Basically it's that... Terrible!

What's worse is the cards have now gone up to over £400!

Could ask if it's possible to purchase another one at the price you paid, they pick up the faulty one on a swap basis with the courier and refund you when they get the original card back(like Evgas advance rma) if finance permits?

Win win for both parties and Ocuk look like complete and utter champs saving the day, their mark up would cover the difference if their buying price goes off of serial no's.

You would think there is no way they could justify saying no, but being on the end of more or less a bait and switch with a Noble chair that was pictured with a lumbar support cushion and accompanying Ocuk product vid at time of purchase, then pointed me out to the changed updated product description after I bought it and offered a ~'dismantle it and post it back at your cost for a full refund' (if I broke something dismantling it then I was well and truly gubbed!).

(There was an amicable outcome but only because there was frayed stitching on a logo so it would have cost them to dismantle and pay for return courier)

BUT, take into account the UK is just starting to hit turmoil, to put it into perspective, spare a thought that over in Italy, my cousins daughter who is a front respond nurse, had to purchase 2 £80 full hazmat face masks out of her own pocket from England as the state face protection is useless against Covid, day by day it's going to get worse here, so deliveries could be up in the air if our outbreak is anything like Italy is suffering.

In fairness, there's not much more Ocuk can offer as it's GB's fault, they just sold you someone else's product, they didn't build it-It's not Ocuk's fault.

@GIGA-Man might be able to lend a hand >?

Pffft, still waiting on a reply about this:
Space invader RTX is hardware repairable it seems.

Got my 2070 back today, invoice stated repaired, serial no. matches up but a DP cover has been melted onto the DP port, its on rock solid, the DP port on the bottom has no signal either.

G11ru7c.png

Shoddy shoddy work, but don't know if it was GB that repaired it or a third party.

Last edited:
Soldato
@tommybhoy

Followed up on email?

If you mean did giga-man contact me?

No, nothing, still waiting a reply, zero contact from him in regards to my problem, at that point I was scunnered that it broke in the first place, ****** that GB wanted two way return postage for their product that broke within their warranty period considering the place I bought it from collected and returned the card at zero cost to myself in the second year of warranty(Ocuk has never collected anything faulty in the past-I had to pay to return it) ****** that I was without it for ~3 weeks and I was sent my (repaired by GB) gpu with a melted on DP cover!

Soldato
If you mean did giga-man contact me?

No, nothing, still waiting a reply, zero contact from him in regards to my problem, at that point I was scunnered that it broke in the first place, ****** that GB wanted two way return postage for their product that broke within their warranty period considering the place I bought it from collected and returned the card at zero cost to myself in the second year of warranty(Ocuk has never collected anything faulty in the past-I had to pay to return it) ****** that I was without it for ~3 weeks and I was sent my (repaired by GB) gpu with a melted on DP cover!

Any and everything I've bought that's be damaged or broke when brand new I've had to return/RMA out of my own costs from taking a car back to a shop via broken parking sensor, kids toys missing parts or a paint tin that had the wrong colour in side..

Ideal Vs reality is never going to happen . Though if a company can deliver then it's great, perfect even .
Even when your sponsored Parts for flagship builds you've got to pay delivery for your own RMA :)

[email protected]

Not sure if Rep passed on email, normally do on here .
Pass on link again to them. Specially with way things are going .

Associate
Can you not buy from elsewhere then just get a refund on the card. It’s normally very easy to a find comparable and in most cases cheaper price.

Means you’ve shelled out twice for a card and waiting for the refund sadly.

Soldato
Any and everything I've bought that's be damaged or broke when brand new I've had to return/RMA out of my own costs from taking a car back to a shop via broken parking sensor, kids toys missing parts or a paint tin that had the wrong colour in side..

Ideal Vs reality is never going to happen . Though if a company can deliver then it's great, perfect even .
Even when your sponsored Parts for flagship builds you've got to pay delivery for your own RMA :)

[email protected]

Not sure if Rep passed on email, normally do on here .
Pass on link again to them. Specially with way things are going .

I get that and I was used to paying for rma postage 1 way, but there are places that collect and return for free out there that don't leave it to you to ask for postage refunds, Ocuk isnt one of them.

GB, wouldn't waste my time on them for reasons in that thread I posted.

Associate
Hello all,

It's a tough situation, sometimes there are issues with products and I'm very sorry you have had a problem with the fan noise. There is very little stock and things are only going to get worse in the coming weeks. Best thing I can do is check if we have any RMA buffer stock, I can collect your card and as soon as it arrives test and send you the new one. Let me know if this is something you would like us to arrange. It's not perfect but it's the best I can offer, this is also subject to couriers and our RMA staff still being active in the near future.

I'm working from home and looking after family members so replies from me will be limited currently.

Caporegime
OP
Hello all,

It's a tough situation, sometimes there are issues with products and I'm very sorry you have had a problem with the fan noise. There is very little stock and things are only going to get worse in the coming weeks. Best thing I can do is check if we have any RMA buffer stock, I can collect your card and as soon as it arrives test and send you the new one. Let me know if this is something you would like us to arrange. It's not perfect but it's the best I can offer, this is also subject to couriers and our RMA staff still being active in the near future.

I'm working from home and looking after family members so replies from me will be limited currently.

Hi Gigabyte that's so kind of you, but that's pretty much what OCUK are going to do anyway.. As in pick the item up, test it ( could take a week ), then return if tested to be faulty.

I think I'll get OCUK to pick it up and just get it done!

Shall I wait till next week and see what happens with this Corvid virus? I'd hate to have to send my card off and it's stuck in the warehouse for a month because we are in lockdown

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
UPDATE :

OCUK is picking it up on Monday, testing and hopeful to be replaced and returned on Friday!

I'll be with my family most of the week anyway looking after my mum :)

Back
Top Bottom