The Coronavirus food recommendations thread

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Thanks for the advice, i will pop next door instead.

Rule 1 in middle class Armageddon, do not make life hard for yourself but you can have fun as well so i will throw some bricks through your windows :) :)

Soldato
Thanks for the advice, i will pop next door instead.

Rule 1 in middle class Armageddon, do not make life hard for yourself but you can have fun as well so i will throw some bricks through your windows :) :)
Free bricks? No complaints here, means I won't waste my own bricks when I do my street.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Rule 1 for middle glass Armageddon, You do what you need to do. This is not a star trek utopia. When you need loo roll you gotaa do what you gotta do.

Caporegime
Freezer

1 loaf of bread
4 x burger buns
2 packs of mince beef
2 chicken breasts

Then

Coffee mate
3 bags of coffee beans
5 tins of beans (small)
Lemon squash x 1
Jars of curry x 2
Pasta sauce x 1
Kitkat x 4

Soups with 4 weeks use by date x 3
Some soft drinks x 2
1 bottle of multivitamins

will get some orange juice tomorrow.

This will last me like a month! Actually that looks like a regular shop for most people.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Freezer

1 loaf of bread in the
4 x burger buns
2 packs of mince beef
2 chicken breasts

Then

Coffee mate
3 bags of coffee beans
5 tins of beans (small)
Lemon squash x 1
Jars of curry x 2
Pasta sauce x 1
Kitkat x 4

Some soft drinks x 2

This will last me like a month! Actually that looks like a regular shop for most people.
You’ve got pasta sauce but no pasta :confused:

I’ve got about 4kg of pasta coming tomorrow.

Caporegime
You’ve got pasta sauce but no pasta :confused:

I’ve got about 4kg of pasta coming tomorrow.

i already have like 6 bags of pasta and a bucket of rice :p

There’s also like 3 x 12 packs of loo roll, it’s kinda the regular amount at home.

My work is also a wholesaler supplier to trade, not open to the average joe off the street, everything is catering size. I actually bought a box of Tyrrell’s today, 24 packets. It’s only 5 mins from my house and I can get 3kg pasta easily really.

Caporegime
Well, I think I have what I need to get through a month should I get stuck at home.

It might get a bit boring towards the end in terms of flavours....will need to ration it out a bit more perhaps if there is a lockdown, to save some nice food and spread it out a bit. Most important is I have enough coffee i think, with coffee mate.

Soldato
Jars of curry x 2
Pasta sauce x 1
Does not compute :confused: I thought you liked nice food yet are buying jars of curry sauce and pasta sauce? I am disappoint.

Pasta sauce = garlic and/or onion + tin of tomatoes + optional dried herbs + 20mins simmer

Why people buy overpriced jars of sugary tomato sauce I do not know :o

Caporegime
Does not compute :confused: I thought you liked nice food yet are buying jars of curry sauce and pasta sauce? I am disappoint.

Pasta sauce = garlic and/or onion + tin of tomatoes + optional dried herbs + 20mins simmer

Why people buy overpriced jars of sugary tomato sauce I do not know :o

I like a smash burger as much as a piece of Wagu steak.

Soldato
Freezer

1 loaf of bread
4 x burger buns
2 packs of mince beef
2 chicken breasts

Then

Coffee mate
3 bags of coffee beans
5 tins of beans (small)
Lemon squash x 1
Jars of curry x 2
Pasta sauce x 1
Kitkat x 4

Some soft drinks x 2

That would last me a couple of days lol

Soldato
The girlfriend went into town today and couldn't find anything of use in M&S, Morrisons and Tesco (no chicken of potatoes for example). So I went down to our local butcher and got a nice big 2kg chicken, 1kg of beef shin and some sausages. Nom. For the two of us that'll give a nice roast on Sunday, with plenty of leftovers, then a nice beef and Guinness stew next weekend if it's impossible to find anything.

I also walked past a bunch of local veg/convenience shops and they had absolutely tons of veg out. Support your local independents people!

Associate
Still got enough normal food for a few more days then it's onto the tins pasta and then etc. Not really looking forward to it but I do have some treats in too!

Soldato
Still got enough normal food for a few more days then it's onto the tins pasta and then etc. Not really looking forward to it but I do have some treats in too!
You know food shops are still open right? If your local supermarkets (like mine) are hideous then why not investigate if you have any local greengrocers etc. Or get on some delivery options like Ocado if they're open to new customers again.

Back
Top Bottom