Where to pre-order games from? (FF7 Remake etc)

Soldato
Hey guys,

I've borrowed my brothers PS4 Pro in order to play the FF7 remake and Persona 5 Royal. I usually get my games digitally, but as I'll be handing the console back once I'm done I'd rather have physical copies so I can sell them on.

I figured I'd go through Amazon but unfortunately neither of the games are available for purchase right now. I want to make sure my games actually arrive on time, so I'm not sure what my options are for this? How is GAME UK these days? It's been at least a decade since I bought from them. Any other options?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
The way how things are going, I have to cancel my physical order and pay the extra £25 from PSN.

Also remember, the release date for the remake is on Good Friday, bank holiday and I don't think post is being delivered on that day. You actually might not get it on time no matter who you order it from now.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
I've ordered via The Game Collection for £42.95, cheapest I could find it and the site seems to get good reviews.

I don't mind waiting an extra day if it means saving best part of £20, and you never know I might luck out and get it on the 9th.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys,

I've borrowed my brothers PS4 Pro in order to play the FF7 remake and Persona 5 Royal. I usually get my games digitally, but as I'll be handing the console back once I'm done I'd rather have physical copies so I can sell them on.

I figured I'd go through Amazon but unfortunately neither of the games are available for purchase right now. I want to make sure my games actually arrive on time, so I'm not sure what my options are for this? How is GAME UK these days? It's been at least a decade since I bought from them. Any other options?

Thanks in advance.

Might effect us

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1240346138118684675

Soldato
OP

Hopefully it wont, we'll soon find out I guess.

Honestly, this would be a non-issue if the digital version wasn't almost £20 more expensive than the physical/retail, and the retail has resale value on top for those who plan on selling their copy once they finish the game. I want the eventual full release of the game (as in, all parts) on the PC so I'm not interested in keeping a copy for the PS4. That said, I could at least stomach buying the digital if not for the price difference.

Soldato
I had a pre-order with Amazon but I cancelled earlier this month and decided to take a risk with a popular game seller on Ebay. It was cheaper at £43.95, and they promise to ship a few days before release. This seems to be the case judging by their pre-order feedback.

I'll either be playing it before Friday 10th, or in 6 months time... :p

And yeah, the digital price for this game is just plain ridiculous. And not being able to sell on afterward is a big NOPE.

edit: Just realized the seller is thegamecollection. I could have just bought through their website and saved £1 if I had known :o

Associate
i pre ordered FFVII Deluxe for click and collect from Game, obviously that wont be happening now so have cancelled. If i order for delivery do you think i will get it on release day? if not ill have to go digital

Soldato
i pre ordered FFVII Deluxe for click and collect from Game, obviously that wont be happening now so have cancelled. If i order for delivery do you think i will get it on release day? if not ill have to go digital

Nope, that's why I cancelled mine and will go digital instead. I had £50 on my PSN account for 6 weeks, time for me to use it.

Associate
Nope, that's why I cancelled mine and will go digital instead. I had £50 on my PSN account for 6 weeks, time for me to use it.

ive cancelled my pre order now and will go digital instead, tho game have just emailed to say they are working to make sure people get their click and collect items, to late for me tho

Soldato
I got a refund from my ebay pre-order. Thing is £60 from PSN is just way too much, especially now with the current times we're living in. And because you can't resell, I'm afraid I'll be missing out :(

The sad thing is I'll probably end up getting it much cheaper second hand later on and SE won't get the money from the sale. I don't know why they charge so much for digital copies. I can understand physical distribution because of stock, printing, shipping and retail fees needing to come out of it, but digital? I just can't justify it.

Back
Top Bottom