Plane Spotters / Flight Radar Thread

Man of Honour
Thanks @Scuzi, do you it'll just be a slow drop over the next few days? I still saw 2,500 aircraft over the course of the day yesterday but that's well down on the normal 3,000+ I see here.

Unrelated, LTNS squire - You alright? :)
I’m told over the course of the next week we will see a significant drop for ~3 months. Slightly pessimistic expectation is a recovery to 50% of normal by the end of this year, and back up to 90% by March ‘21. Quite a lot of clairvoyance involved and it all depends on public confidence and key airlines surviving.

The Asian industry has already shown signs of recovery, albeit slow. That’s tentatively a good sign.

LTNS indeed. I’m good, ta... as long as I still have a job once all is done! Hope you and the family are well. I was talking about you at Christmas, recounting our journey through the green lanes of South Wales, guided by your (at the time) cutting edge Garmin. The topic was first memories of satnav in a car. :)

Associate
Does anyone have a reccomendation for a flight tracking site or app that works well with mobile?
I used to use adsbexchange, but they've recently changed the layout and I find it much harder to use.
Doesn't need to be anything fancy, I only use it to track 2 aircraft at a time maximum and already know their serial numbers.

Commissario
I was talking about you at Christmas, recounting our journey through the green lanes of South Wales, guided by your (at the time) cutting edge Garmin. The topic was first memories of satnav in a car. :)
Goodness, yes - From what I remember, that was getting you to the airport and we really did tour the narrow country roads. The routing algorithms have improved a lot since then but at least we got there.

The traffic levels I'm seeing today are very similar to yesterday, still low compared to normal but not as low as I expected.

I just did a temp mount outside with my antenna and now it’s all gone quite.
It's all gone quite what? :confused:

Man of Honour
Goodness, yes - From what I remember, that was getting you to the airport and we really did tour the narrow country roads. The routing algorithms have improved a lot since then but at least we got there.

The traffic levels I'm seeing today are very similar to yesterday, still low compared to normal but not as low as I expected.

It's all gone quite what? :confused:

The figure I got for today was 42% drop in the London FIR for today compared to the predicted norm. 45% drop at Heathrow. 43% drop for London Terminal Control. Only a 4% drop for the Scottish FIR as the collapse of Flybe dropped their traffic significantly.

The drops weren’t as bad as expected but the next week is likely to see us running at 10-20% of normal air traffic movements.

Associate
Noticed around my area a lot smaller aircraft and helicopters in the sky.

This is above at the moment - aerial photography while the sky's are quiet and the weather is good?:

https://ibb.co/M6HQxxF

M6HQxxF

Back
Top Bottom