Story behind your forum username?

Caporegime
I was signing up here years ago and I couldn’t think of a name, so I looked round and the first thing I saw was a can of fosters I was drinking at the time, so it’s just a portmanteau of my first name and the lager. I bought something off the MM once and forgot to send my real name, so the sender actually addressed it to Robert Fosters, which I found amusing.

Soldato
Had a mate whose online nickname was dalags

no idea what it meant but I decided to create a similar one with no meaning

we are talking like 13 years ago

I tend not to use it anymore when creating new accounts though

Soldato
I’m a fan of Scrubs, Sarah Chalke especially, and decided to go for ElliotR in honour of her Scrubs character Elliot Reid. However I made a typo and when I noticed I couldn’t be bothered to try and change it.

Brill! One of my all time best shows and Sarah Chalke is nom nom nom.

I don't wash my penis.

Dirty boy - ewwwwww.

Mine came from a rough day at work many moons ago - a much used phrase was about crap decisions being made by those in their "Ivory Towers".

Soldato
It was given to me in Animal Crossing Wild World for the nintendo DS by one of my villagers and spread like wildfire through my village.

This is the only website I use it on though as I initially drunkenly signed up to the forum to troll a friend though forgot all about it. Was handy having a few month old account once I started the free delivery grind.

Soldato
Big on graffiti back in the school days. Had a book called Spray Can Art of which had a self entitled piece 'lokiss' embedded on a random page which always stuck in the mind. Anyhow back in 98 when I sat there with a choose your username on my first isp sign up, it sprang in to my head and I've used it for everything ever since.

I even badge it on my Nike ID's when I get them made.:o

Associate
I used to frequent the Civic Type R forum back in the day when it was active (back in my early twenties, crikey where does time go), so just used the same username I had over there - wish I'd have put more effort in now though and thought of something more original!

Caporegime
Terry Pratchett

Greebo is a cat in Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. He is first introduced in Wyrd Sisters. He is a foul-tempered one-eyed grey tomcat whose human, Nanny Ogg, insists against all the evidence that he is a sweet, harmless kitten. In the course of the books, he has killed two vampires, eating at least one of them in the novel Witches Abroad:

The bat squirmed under his claw. It seemed to Greebo's small cat brain that it was trying to change its shape, and he wasn't having any of that from a mouse with wings on.
In Lords and Ladies, Greebo's overall attitude is best described in an allusion to Schrödinger's cat:

Greebo had spent an irritating two minutes in that box. Technically, a cat locked in a box may be alive or it may be dead. You never know until you look. In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.
Shawn dived sideways as Greebo went off like a Claymore mine.
"Don't worry about him," said Magrat dreamily, as the elf flailed at the maddened cat. "He's just a big softy."

Associate
I picked mine when hosting some UT LAN party games back in the day, seemed very different to the norm. Later I found out it stood for Problem In Chair Not In Computer and that fits well too as I tend to be the one fixing the computers those sat in the chairs have messed up ;)

Back
Top Bottom