TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
They don't appear to bother people who are quite a drive from their offices. Since the local Capita place closed years ago I've never seen a TV licencing van. I guess they don't want to drive 40 miles and have a door slammed in their face.

Caporegime
I just noticed the bbc posted crap through my door again.

A red card that looks almost identical to the royal mail attempted delivery cards.
it's even printed so it looks like someone filled it in my by hand but you can tell it's printed just the font style to give an illusion

It's only when you realise you can open it you see its from the BBC. (which literally took me about 3 minutes since I'm trying to work out who could have posted me something..)
did my parents send me supplies?!!?!?!? oh no it's just the BBC!

it's like CALL US NOW!!!

like it's some emergency and you need to contact the royal mail but it's actually from the BBC and just a trick to make people phone that number, no doubt give their name and address..

con artist style deception disgusting!

Associate

A red card that looks almost identical to the royal mail attempted delivery cards.
it's even printed so it looks like someone filled it in my by hand but you can tell it's printed just the font style to give an illusion

It's only when you realise you can open it you see its from the BBC. (which literally took me about 3 minutes since I'm trying to work out who could have posted me something..)

it's like CALL US NOW!!!

like it's some emergency and you need to contact the royal mail but it's actually from the BBC and just a trick to make people phone that number, no doubt give their name and address..

I had one of those come through my door too.

It's a real sneaky tactic to try and get you to call them, I google'd the tel. no. before calling and all was revealed.

It just shows what type of company is behind this all.

Permabanned

it's like CALL US NOW!!!

Yeah man I got one too. Thought it was from Royal Mail also but wasn't hand written and since I couldn't open it I was just like whatever and binned it.

So finding out this was actually a sneaky ploy by the BBC is brilliant :D

Caporegime
The BBC want so stick their fee on to broadband payments now. The scummyness never stops. It's time to just let it die I think

Utter scum.

They know people can't be without broadband.
BBC being a tax is terrible. This would open the door to yearly increases with no escape too. Let those salaries balloon!.

Hope this gets stopped and BBC dies like it naturally should

Permabanned
I have no TV service if VM stick £ on my BB cost due to BBC they can RAM it.

I will go back to Fapping to celluloid (which is actually better than pixels in some ways). :)

Associate
It just goes to show you just how nasty the BBC are defending their money stream while embedding themselves into all platforms, its not only broadband they are proposing to add it to but also council or electrical bills.

Caporegime
+1
:D

Stick them all in a large used envelope with no stamps. Make them pay for the postage

BBC newcaslte is 10minutes from me.

I could collect some then cellotape them all over their door

I have no TV service if VM stick £ on my BB cost due to BBC they can RAM it.
Same, wonder if it would be all internet or only broadband because I could probably get away with using mobile data

Virgins already too expensive without more cost too it.

its like every year my bill is pounds higher

Capodecina
Soldato
Reading the selfish replies that predominate here, I do wonder how many people feel that borrowing books from a Library and not bothering to return them is acceptable?
Let someone else pay for their replacement!

On reflection, they have probably never visited a Library :rolleyes:

Soldato
Reading the selfish replies that predominate here, I do wonder how many people feel that borrowing books from a Library and not bothering to return them is acceptable?
Let someone else pay for their replacement!

On reflection, they have probably never visited a Library :rolleyes:
What?
I for one don't watch any live TV or anything from the BBC at all. So why should I pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom