• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Not sure what's going on today, but I cannot get the Radeon software to play nice.

Booted up my PC to find Windows in 1600x1080 resolution (instead of 3440x1440). No options above this resolution. Restart, same. Update drivers, same. Update Windows, same. Then tried rolling everything back. Also tried reinstalling the display drivers. No matter what I did, the Radeon software was adamant that the display can't support any higher resolutions.

So I went the nuclear option and reinstalled Windows. Suddenly, everything is fine. Until I installed the Radeon software again. Same problem.

At a bit of a loss on this one. I can update my drivers through Windows. But the moment I install Adrenalin, it's back to 1600x1080, with no way of overriding it.

Uninstall all Radeon drivers as normal thrugh control panel and device manager (check delete driver) then run DDU and use the shutdown options I think under installing new graphics card. Unplug from the net so Windows cant load its generic drivers and then install the new Driver.

Permabanned
Associate
Does anyone with a 5700xt play iracing? if so whats it like? looking for a 1440p ultra on a 165hz monitor. Would really like to max it out at full hz, pressuming the 5700xt will do the job, thanks!

Associate
Thanks for looking but no that issue's due to mods that go OTT on texture sizes, His error mentions r_pop which referes to a weapons mod called OWR, I've had similar problems with it in the past & found putting the textures through a texture optimizer did the trick for me,
Cheers.

I see. Sorry, can't help you more.

Does anyone with a 5700xt play iracing? if so whats it like? looking for a 1440p ultra on a 165hz monitor. Would really like to max it out at full hz, pressuming the 5700xt will do the job, thanks!

I own a 5700 and XT and at 1440 60Hz, i don't see a difference in gaming. But for 165Hz, you'd be safer with the XT like you are shooting for. Check this out, tho, this is with a 5700.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqFPe6IDpoU

Permabanned
It's hard to see in that video but it looks like iracing could do with a graphical upgrade, Even if it means losing 30 to 40 percent of the performance it could afford it as it would breath needed new life into the game.

Associate
It's hard to see in that video but it looks like iracing could do with a graphical upgrade, Even if it means losing 30 to 40 percent of the performance it could afford it as it would breath needed new life into the game.
Iracing either looks great or awful depends when the track was scanned. Newer tracks looks tons better then the older ones.

Associate
Interesting first few hours with the 5700xt. Basically loads of stuttering, lots of faffing.... Turned off the amd software and its butter smooth. How bizarre i though amd had sorted the issues by now.

Associate
What do you mean by turned off the software?
Close the radeon software app completely. Messed around with all the settings and still got a bit of stutter. Closed the software app and it seems perfectly smooth. wont lie its tempting to send it back mainly because it should be perfect the moment you turn it on surely.

Soldato
Close the radeon software app completely. Messed around with all the settings and still got a bit of stutter. Closed the software app and it seems perfectly smooth. wont lie its tempting to send it back mainly because it should be perfect the moment you turn it on surely.

Enhanced Sync and non-AMD overlays (like the windows one) create the issue you describe. But thats down to windows 10 issues added with 1903 and are resolved with 2004 which is coming next 10 days. :)

Associate
I own a 5700 and XT and at 1440 60Hz, i don't see a difference in gaming. But for 165Hz, you'd be safer with the XT like you are shooting for. Check this out, tho, this is with a 5700.

Getting minimum of 100hz after double checking but the extra smoothness makes it feel way higher.

Permabanned
Just bought my 5700 XT, the Gigabyte Aorus to go with my Ryzen 2600X build.
It seems value wise it is the best you can do, the only thing that bugs me is OpenGL performance in games like Wolfenstein The New Order, AMD has a track record dating back years of terrible OpenGL performance.

Back
Top Bottom