AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
Airpod pros are my favorite, most used, versatile headphones.

They aren't my best sounding but for the convienance, form factor, feature set, subtely, size, ease of use, battery life, integratrion with IOS.. they just hit that magic sweet spot of quality vs convienance.

Soldato
Been listening to them a fair bit today and I'm quite impressed. I actually think the ANC may be a bit better than the WF1000XM3 but will need to listen to more albums. I don't think the SQ is quite as good but still early days. I forgot how quickly AirPods paired and were ready for music compared the Sonys

Soldato
My UE900's with foam tips give better noise blocking, tighter lows and more detail high up than my AirPods Pro, which was in-line with my expectations. But, their cable is getting a bit worn now and it certainly gets in the way for gym work. The effortless integration the AirPods have with iOS and how decent they sound has meant they've been almost retired completely. Easy to swap between iPhone/iPad, fully wireless charging, etc.

Equally never saw the need to use ANC on my walk into work, but I wish they'd do more tip sizing. Somewhere between small and medium would be perfect.

Soldato
Even if you open/use them? IIRC only Apple offers that...
Taken from their website :)

30 Days Return Policy

Unwanted returns

You can exercise the right to return a non-faulty order within 30 after Days of receipt of the goods provided that a request is submitted to us by a ticket within the aforementioned period. No reason would be required for the return.

If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation or return a non-faulty Product to us, you must take reasonable care of the Products prior to return. This means returned Products should not be used beyond what would be considered reasonable inspection and use of the Product and its functions, and thus the Products must not be damaged in any way.

Associate
If you're on the fence I can say I don't regret buying mine at all. Gave the Sony's away after a day or so of listening.

Seconded. I've had mine since November and love them. Owned a few sets of similarly priced wireless earbuds over the last couple of years and these are without doubt my favourite due to the combination of quality, connectivity, ease of use, features etc. As a whole package I don't think many others come close IMO.

Associate
If you're on the fence I can say I don't regret buying mine at all. Gave the Sony's away after a day or so of listening.

Seconded. I've had mine since November and love them. Owned a few sets of similarly priced wireless earbuds over the last couple of years and these are without doubt my favourite due to the combination of quality, connectivity, ease of use, features etc. As a whole package I don't think many others come close IMO.

Thanks thought I'd wait to see if there was an Easter sale but have now bought for £198 :)

Caporegime
I was tempted to get a pair myself but found they just don’t fit in my ears very well.
Plus they don’t make them in black so that’s another no for me.

Even though I have the overhead Sony WX-1000xm3 myself and love them to bits. They are a bit chunky to carry around so might look at the wireless earbud versions of these and get a pair as no doubt they will probably sound better and have better noise cancelling than the AirPods Pro.

Soldato
Even though I have the overhead Sony WX-1000xm3 myself and love them to bits. They are a bit chunky to carry around so might look at the wireless earbud versions of these and get a pair as no doubt they will probably sound better and have better noise cancelling than the AirPods Pro.

I had/have the WF1000XM3 but I gave them to my partner in favour of the AirPod pros. I actually think the ANC is better on the APP to my ears, more comfortable and much better connection both speed and stability. With the WF1000XM3 I would consistently get audio drop outs for about half a second or so but this would happen whenever I used them and they took a lot longer to pair to my iPhone where as the APP pair by the time I've got the first one in my ear often before I've even got the second out of the case.

The Sonys do sound great but they don't sound that much better that I miss using them. I do actually think the APPs sound better, personally.

mjte.jpg

Plus the case on the Sony's are huge and, as personal thing, I like the APP don't look like a business man's bluetooth earpiece.

Last edited:
Soldato
Clean your keyboard!

Pretty dusty eh!
I usually would clean it, usually twice a year, but as we've moved to my grandmothers temporarily I don't know where my key remover is, probably boxed up somewhere and I don't want to buy another. Though I'll probably be getting a TKL board soon so kind of don't see the point.

Associate
Cheapest I can see them are from eGlobal, I’ve used them loads of times, always been good.

https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/audio/#/product/32960

Just wanted to check as that product URL is invalid, is this the same/correct model? https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/apple-airpods-pro-mwp22-with-wireless-charging-case-white.html seems like a good saving for 194 - might have to grab some. Is it possible to buy AppleCare and use the Apple warranty etc with these?

Back
Top Bottom