Doom Eternal

Soldato
Mine kicked off about drivers but after updating it was fine.

I have managed to get myself and mobs stuck in scenery though, and the little dudes sometimes stop spawning as well, which i’m told is not by design.

Man of Honour
Also, far too many attachments and suit attachments things. It's a button fest.

If it were me I would open the levels way up and have doom guy run faster like classic doom, and have hit scan enemies. Basically make it doom again!

This was my worry - a bit of platforming and additional moves can add a lot but go too far and the novelty quickly wears off and gets in the way of the most intimate and ultimately most enjoyable aspects of Doom/Quake gameplay.

Soldato
Tried on my laptop, runs fine but no audio. Get audio in the initial company logos but once in game menu/game nowt :(. Desktop runs fine.

Has one of the best HDR config things I have seen and is glorious on the C9.

Associate
No crashes so far and it's running very smoothly (ignoring my not being able to enable HDR).

Some of the criticism being levelled at the game seems a bit daft to me but, horses for courses, I suppose! :p
I'm enjoying the extra difficulty that the "core gameplay loop" involves, and the platforming is just fine (the original DooM didn't have a jump button but still had some "platforming").

*pops flak jacket on* :D

Caporegime
Associate
Done the first two missions no crashes - latest nvidea driver. Running maxed @ 4k 60. HDR is amazing with several sliders to tweak it just how you like it, easily one of the best looking HDR games I've seen.

I tried adding +com_skipKeyPressOnLoadScreens 1 as a launch command. Does not seem to do anything? I assume it's supposed to negate the need to press A to continue once loading is complete? Yes, I'm using a controller.

Also is supposed to be hard? I've knocked to difficulty down to easy and it's still pretty tough, dying occasionally and running out of ammo, even though I'm making heavy use of the glory kills.

Caporegime
Done the first two missions no crashes - latest nvidea driver. Running maxed @ 4k 60. HDR is amazing with several sliders to tweak it just how you like it, easily one of the best looking HDR games I've seen.

I tried adding +com_skipKeyPressOnLoadScreens 1 as a launch command. Does not seem to do anything? I assume it's supposed to negate the need to press A to continue once loading is complete? Yes, I'm using a controller.

Also is supposed to be hard? I've knocked to difficulty down to easy and it's still pretty tough, dying occasionally and running out of ammo, even though I'm making heavy use of the glory kills.

Use the chainsaw for ammo.

Caporegime

Yeah, I've found it more challenging than the first, though a couple or so hours in I started to accumulate more ammo and gradually got used to what seems to be having to remember the extra keys/buttons. It probably didn't help that I've not played Doom 2016 for about three years either.

Associate
Yeah, I've found it more challenging than the first, though a couple or so hours in I started to accumulate more ammo and gradually got used to what seems to be having to remember the extra keys/buttons. It probably didn't help that I've not played Doom 2016 for about three years either.

I played 2016 for about 20mins and stopped. This is better but a bit repetitive already at least mission 3 is different. Getting a few upgrades now as well, maybe they will help.

I got the +com_skipKeyPressOnLoadScreens 1 to work by putting it directly on the .exe . Works as expected, game loads almost instantly now without having to press A to continue.

Back
Top Bottom