Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
E's are a bit wider in the back. I can't say I've tried car seats in mine to offer any advice on it though.
I'll have a drive through to Mercedes on Friday they have an e class in, doesn't look as good as some other e class trims but will give me an idea on the size.

Soldato
There is a decent amount more room in the back of an E Class than a C Class - both length and width. I changed from a C Saloon to an E Estate last year primarily to fit an i-Size car seat it the back and still have a usable front seat.

Associate
Hey guys, might be of interest to some of you, I had 2x C55's, pretty rare car. I had a silver 04 plate and got rid of it for a 2006 late Obsidian black one that was mint. Sadly was wrote off by a total tool.

Here she is smashing Oulton park. Was on H&R coilovers and CLK63 brakes and wheels, and whilst no Exige, wasn't overtaken by much. Totally monstered boxsters, Z4's, Astra VXR's etc.

DSC-6679.jpg

Soldato
I replaced the 19" Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3 runflat tyres on my 2017 E220d Estate last week with Eagle F1 AS5 normal tyres last week.

It was definitely the right thing to do - the ride is massively improved and is the perfect balance now.

I had a 2019 E220d SE Estate as a loaner for a couple of days and that was a bit floaty at high speed. I also had 2019 E220d AMG Line Edition on Bridgestone runflats for a couple of days - the ride on the Bridgestones was definitely better than the Goodyears but still not as good as the normal tyres I have on now.

Associate
Hey guys, only just noticed this thread exists. I have Volvo XC60 on a lease that's about to go back and I'm seriously considering a GLC to replace it (some good deals about or were). Just wondering who has one and what using/owner one long term is like?

Soldato
I own a 66plate c250d estate AMG premium plus and it is a very capable car, however a few things to note.
- 7 speed gearbox in mind can be a little slow in comfort
- comfort is good but sometimes I just cannot stay comfortable after a few hours, although my car does have the 19s on run flats which probably do not help

Hope that helps you a little.

Just to add to this, I have a 68 plate C200 SE estate and:
- All autos are now the 9G-TRONIC, excellent gear box and very smooth.
- The mild hybrid system works well to kick in more power at low revs, but there is still a little lag between planting the foot and going (I noticed this in pretty much all the diesel loaners I had from MB, but with the large turbo on the C200 it feels similar)
- Comfort on the SE estate (normal 18" tyres) is good, we drove to/from Edinburgh and N Yorkshire from Aberdeen with no pains/aches.

Soldato
Looked at the e class never took it out as Mercedes in ulverston ran their cars so close together I'd be waiting 20minutes or so for them to get it out. Looks very nice , I wont get it from them as the 12% finance is robbery.
Think I've accepted 3 kids comfy isn't going to happen unless I get a bus almost . Usually just have the 2 kids in so going to get something than can squish the kids in if needs arise and just hire one If we go more than a couple of hours away . Do need a proper boot though for the dog so limits me to estate still

Soldato
Seems some folks here are looking at Mercedes Benz from the dealer. Just a friendly tip here to avoid Mercedes Benz Financial Services in any lease or finance agreements. If you ask your salesperson, they can often use a different lender behind the transaction and I'd strongly recommend. I've had an awful experience with them - first up they debited my current account for almost £2000 for *someone elses* lease, without telling me, it took me nearly a month to get the money back. Secondly, when I handed the car back about 5 months later, they tried to hit me with £2066 in damage fees, which I'm still trying to resolve. Thankfully I took photographs, it includes apparent dent repairs (where I had no dents or repairs made) and scratches which simply weren't on the car when I handed it back.

Soldato
Seems some folks here are looking at Mercedes Benz from the dealer. Just a friendly tip here to avoid Mercedes Benz Financial Services in any lease or finance agreements. If you ask your salesperson, they can often use a different lender behind the transaction and I'd strongly recommend. I've had an awful experience with them - first up they debited my current account for almost £2000 for *someone elses* lease, without telling me, it took me nearly a month to get the money back. Secondly, when I handed the car back about 5 months later, they tried to hit me with £2066 in damage fees, which I'm still trying to resolve. Thankfully I took photographs, it includes apparent dent repairs (where I had no dents or repairs made) and scratches which simply weren't on the car when I handed it back.

The debit for someone else’s lease is rediculous but at least you have recovered it but surely the dent repairs is nothing to do with MB finance but the dealer you leased from?

Soldato
I was looking at financing a car as change in circumstances has left me with spare income but was put off by there really high apr. Over 12% whereas I can lend 20k at 2.9% online . Crazy how they can charge so much

Man of Honour

I don't want to dismiss the issues you've had as that sounds like a rough ordeal, but Mercedes Benz Finance were nothing but brilliant for me, way ahead of Black Horse or BMW that I've used previously. Customer service was excellent and the portal for managing it was so much easier to use than other companies. If I finance a percentage of my C63 upgrade, then I'll not hestitate to use them again

Soldato
I dealt with MB Financial services and their customer service was outstanding. Given I rejected my new E Class a couple of years ago resulting from a recurring fault they couldn't resolve; I tested them in a worse case and it was dealt with very professionally.

Soldato
Pretty amazed. It's always been a pain to deal with them, they aren't particularly helpful on the phone, email or via letter. It's difficult to get through to someone senior enough. Unfortunately when looking online after this happened, it appeared that MBFS are one of the worst for spurious damage charges.

Soldato
I should be taking delivery of a C Class coupe at some undetermined point in time (was supposed to be the end of March but got pushed back due to covid).

Is the standard sound system on Mercs any good? I've not read fantastic things about it and it's now making me think I should have gone with something with a Burmester sound system. I'm coming from an A5 which had Bang & Olufsen and so whilst I'm not expecting something on the level of the B&O system, I would expect something that is still good. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Soldato
Have the premium plus pack on the C-Coupe that includes the Burmester system and came from a Saloon with standard spec system. Is it worth the price? If you live in your car maybe, otherwise it's much prefer to spend the extra on my home hifi.

Have you checked that your deal can't be bettered now, given the huge cliff that car sales fell off? Maybe you could get it for the same price included.

Soldato
Have the premium plus pack on the C-Coupe that includes the Burmester system and came from a Saloon with standard spec system. Is it worth the price? If you live in your car maybe, otherwise it's much prefer to spend the extra on my home hifi.

Have you checked that your deal can't be bettered now, given the huge cliff that car sales fell off? Maybe you could get it for the same price included.

Thanks for the insight.

I've already got quite a good deal as they were trying to clear the 69 reg stock for the 20 reg. That's not to say I couldn't get better but it'd probably be a headache at this point.

Unless I'm changing the car for another 69 reg instead of entering 20 reg territory, it's unlikely they'll have anything at a similar price with the premium plus pack.

Back
Top Bottom