Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
Something I dont get..... the game sets the refresh rate and maximum fps.
So when I have gysnc turned on, I still experience screen tearing at 100hz.

This only dissapears with vsync on.

I thought the whole point of gsync was to not have vsync on?
If you have to turn on vsync to get rid of tearing then gsync isn't working properly.
This happened to me using freesync and the issue was multimonitors, try turning off all except your main display and it should work.

ne0

ne0

Associate
the fps limiter doesn't work in this game. I have to set the in game limiter to 112 to stop it going above my monitor's max 120hz lol. Anything above 112 and it goes above 120, it's bizarre.

Soldato
the fps limiter doesn't work in this game. I have to set the in game limiter to 112 to stop it going above my monitor's max 120hz lol. Anything above 112 and it goes above 120, it's bizarre.
Works fine for me. I set 100fps and it doesnt go above 100, i set 80fps and it doesnt go above 80

Soldato
Can now get online but keeps crashing saying disk error blah blah blah contact activision support, never had this before, its doing my nut in lol
I’ll try getting on now

edit - fine here, straight on for some HC CyberAttack

Last edited:
Soldato
Had 3 back to back crashes last night so that was infuriating.

Also ... does the soundstage in this game completely suck or is it me? Like battles miles away appear much closer and then when someone is close you can barely here them.

Soldato
Are people attempting to diagnose their crashes properly? By properly I mean looking in Windows app logs, Google and resetting things like overclock settings

Soldato
Also ... does the soundstage in this game completely suck or is it me? Like battles miles away appear much closer and then when someone is close you can barely here them.

No issues here, sounds great. Studio reference set in options and use a Xonar Essense ST soundcard, 8.1.8.1823 driver. What soundcard and driver are you using? Any reported issues Googling COD MW and your soundcard?

Soldato
Sounds is fantastic for me and I don't even have a soundcard. Using a Steel Series Arctis Pro and many times I've heard someone walking up behind me and saving my bacon

Soldato
Sounds is fantastic for me and I don't even have a soundcard. Using a Steel Series Arctis Pro and many times I've heard someone walking up behind me and saving my bacon

The sound seems ok to me also. I was playing TDM on crash last night creeping through the shop and heard the sound of squelching mud. Sure enough there was someone heading to the ladder to get onto the shop roof.

Soldato
I really am not sure sure if Gsync is working here... I have the Gsync indicator enabled via the ncp.
But I still think I can see some very minor tearing.

I dont want to turn on Vsync since that defeats the objective of Gsync surely?
Is Gsync supposed to be running with Vsync on?

Also I dont quite understand the reason of limiting FPS by 2-3 fps below the refresh rate ?

Associate
I really am not sure sure if Gsync is working here... I have the Gsync indicator enabled via the ncp.

Also I dont quite understand the reason of limiting FPS by 2-3 fps below the refresh rate ?
Ive always had vsync on in ncp and off in game when using gsync, its always worked great for me like that :)

Soldato

I have Nvidia panel set with gsync enabled and vsync set to applicaton controlled.
In game menu I have vsync on.
Same for every game, not just COD MW

On my monitor setting you can set OSD > refresh rate num.
This enables the monitor refresh to display in the upper right corner.
I can then see monitor refresh rate keeping locked to the in game fps. This to me show that gsync is working

Back
Top Bottom