Doom Eternal

Caporegime
It took me so long to navigate where I was supposed to go on that hub-base thingy... :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the slower pace of Doom 3 in some ways. Still really enjoying it but it is definitely a slow-burner sort of experience.

Soldato
Got the game running.

Its crashed twice. Second time HUD was there but screen went black, when I was in orbit. I think it coincided when my flux app came on as i'd set it to be off for an hour. I've read anything that overlays it doesn't like. It certainly won't play with MSI afterburner FPS overlay.

Seems to be running at 120fps locked ultra nightmare everything, I mean it feels like 120fps haven't been able to measure it!

Have died a lot, quite a nice challenge and very frantic, always some pressure on you. Liking it so far.

Caporegime
You can grab the pre-order DLC + DOOM 64 for £1.99 cdkeys if anyone wants it.

I picked up Doom 64 but refunded it; I didn't like the changes/and/or lack of options (normally, I'm a lover of Nightdive Studios work on older titles). Thankfully, there are several other versions or ports available. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Not enjoying this game at all. WTF is it with the ammo limits? Am I really seeing a max of 16 shotgun shells that can be carried? This is Doom. You know, the shootie game where you blow hell out of everything you see without having to worry too much about ammo... Maybe I need to get used to glory kills all the time but it’s rapidly getting very boring.

Man of Honour

Impressive engine.

not a game I'd buy until it was on cheap sale really. It's a nothing else to do might as well bosh a few baddies kinda game rather than get immersed in a story driven FPS like Metro Exodus.

Soldato
Got the game running.

Its crashed twice. Second time HUD was there but screen went black, when I was in orbit. I think it coincided when my flux app came on as i'd set it to be off for an hour. I've read anything that overlays it doesn't like. It certainly won't play with MSI afterburner FPS overlay.

Seems to be running at 120fps locked ultra nightmare everything, I mean it feels like 120fps haven't been able to measure it!

Have died a lot, quite a nice challenge and very frantic, always some pressure on you. Liking it so far.

You can use the in game FPS monitor to measure framerate.

Caporegime
My 4k C9 OLED is set to 3840x2160@60hz in Windows 10

It supports G-sync, which is enabled.

In the Nvidia control panel I have 'Fastsync' enabled.

In Doom Eternal I have Vsync off.

How come it's maxing out at 120fps?

Man of Honour
I started playing it tonight. Very much like Doom 2016. Buttery, buttery smooth on 3440x1440 Radeon VII. I can't seem to find the FPS counter though.

Associate
Getting my ass kicked on ultra violence which I only found moderately challenging on DOOM 2016. First Slayers Gate took about 7 goes.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Played for a few hours tonight. No idea what people are moaning about; it's basically 2016 Doom with a lot more detailed graphics, more interesting and detailed levels, a bit more platforming and a much better balance of weapons forcing you to strategise even more than before.

I also don't find the difficulty any more taxing than 2016 so I've upped it to ultra violence and it's perfectly manageable.

Flipping awesome game!

Soldato
Rivatuner/Afterburner will display with HDR mode enabled in-game. Interestingly the first game I play that actually looks nice with HDR on, which is a bonus. Don't turn it on and off and on again or the screen might start flickering. Just load up the game and turn it on once and it "should" be fine.

Noticed some tearing till I disabled Resolution Scaling Mode in-game. It was on Dynamic by default.

Having lots of fun. :)

Soldato
Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal are the only games that get significantly easier as you progress. Go figure. really should be the other way around guys.

Also what is with the lack of ammo?? i've maxed out the ammo stat and still it's crap. Have to use the chainsaw like 5 times in 1 fight. very annoying. hard to keep the pace up.
Not to mention the masses of downtime between "fight areas" that seem to be Mario simulator.

As I said before, this isn't a Doom game. It's a Quake game. in every way.

They clearly didnt once look at classic doom to see what made it tick because none of those elements are there. I enjoyed 2016 but this is yet another step further removed from "doom". It's a shadow of its former self now. What with the platforming and cutscenes and home "base". Doom should be 100% RUN N GUN. There is so little of that in this game, it's all coreographed for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finding it really difficult so far :( Maybe I just suck at games now :p

Midway through a really tough bit, my pc crapped out. Thought the game had crashed, but my ssd was no longer visible. Had my pc in bits most of last night. Luckily only a duff sata cable, so hopefully will get another session tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finding it really difficult so far :( Maybe I just suck at games now :p

Midway through a really tough bit, my pc crapped out. Thought the game had crashed, but my ssd was no longer visible. Had my pc in bits most of last night. Luckily only a duff sata cable, so hopefully will get another session tonight.
Starts off ridiculously hard. then gets easier, then gets super easy.
Another of my complaints. It's arse about tit

Back
Top Bottom