What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If you have a rubber or metal strap it's not really a problem as you can easily wash the whole thing assuming you've got a minimum of 50m water resistance. These days I'm mostly wearing the rubber one piece NATO for that very reason.

Generally though you shouldn't have much to worry about.

NATO just refers to the style of strap. Most are incredibly cheap as they are just made of nylon.

This is where I got it:

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver-marine-nationale-nato-watch-strap

But I also have a few Zuludiver NATO straps which were bought on Amazon.

Those are the thinner ones (having had them). The thicker ones are much higher in weave density and so the quality ramps up too after long term wear the difference becomes quite apparent I found. My Vintage Bond NATO is the thinner variety and whilst it's nice, it's not a touch on say the Maratac or upper level ZuluDiver NATOs which the tighter weaves. You do pay more for them though but on a dive watch it's well worth it because dive watches tend to be heavier and you feel less of the weight when you've got a weave dense NATO on or when turning the bezel the thicker NATO won't flex slightly.

Just my 2p from having basically had nearly all the NATO varieties over the years now!

Associate
This is my latest pickup....another Universal Geneve :D. It's far to shiny to photograph well so here's a video of it.

This one is a '58 Polerouter De Luxe 10357/1 in 18kt gold and is all original including the crown and plexi glass. Needless to say my purchasing will now be put on hold while my bank account recovers :p.

If anyone is interested in Polerouters and I looking to buy one I have made a free app (no cost and no adverts) that you can install on your phone/tablet to use as a reference library. Once it's all synced up it'll work offline so you can use it while out hunting for watches at antique fairs where there is no signal. If you follow this link (https://onelink.to/med6cg) on your device it'll take you to the relevant store page. Alternatively, just search for "Universal Geneve Polerouter" on Apple App Store or Google Play Store.

Associate
I always promise myself a really nice watch then every time I have a bit of cash I end up going on a Cruise or buying a new car.
Have several watches. Most <£100
A cheap and comfy Casio, a Casio TX, a Seiko 5, and a couple of Skagen watches as I love the weight and style of them.
Not as fancy as most on here but my daily wear for the past 4 months is an Orient Kamasu. Love this thing and at under 200 quid its a bargain. Excuse the poor phone image. The bezel does line up.. I have moved from touching my face to twizzling the bezel! M887kIM.jpg

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Been looking for a nice FiftyFive Fathoms dialled watch for some time now. I wasn’t wanting one of the barely-modded SNZH53’s that EBay are pumping out. Bid my time and eventually came across a custom-build from a Dorset-based seller with the Dagaz dial.

Case is 41mm brushed 316 SS with a screw-down crown, a top-hat sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel. Movement is the hackable and winding NH35 from Seiko.

saJeYCS.jpg

Ti0PVXq.jpg

Photos don’t do the sunburst-blue dial justice. Absolutely beautiful.

Soldato
I've been enjoying this Lemania 5100-driven Fortis of late:

20200327-155314-01.jpg

Soldato
My latest Aliexpress bargain! Its a Guanqin GJ16034. For £50 its very impressive. Seiko NH36A movement and 'Sapphire' glass.
Really pleased with it, seems to be keeping good time so far as well.

KFn1sE6l.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If you contact DLW Watches on Instagram you can request that exact build and they will mod one for you and ship it out. The cost isn't huge either! A Mate wanted a Turtle "Explorer" mod with custom hands and he was quoted £375 inc shipping few months ago.

Worth a shot!

They also have some readily done Seiko mods for sale.

Back
Top Bottom