Living room bluray to install cdroms on PC?

Associate
Sadly I notice most new PCs and new towers dont have cdrom drives or space for a 5.25 drive now. To get round this can I connect a normal full size bluray player (from my living room tv setup) to install cdrom on a PC? Or is it better to buy an external portable bluray drive? Do they install the same way and at the same speed? Can they read cdroms though? I have most games on dvd and cdrom and would like to install on a new pc - I can see a few towers have 5.25 space but they dont seem to look as good. Grateful for your advice.

Soldato
Well it IS possible
I have done this when i had a BD player that was acting up.Open BD player case extract BD player hardware,connect up to pc via sata and power it up
`SHOULD` be identified and work
Not recommended as you could knacker the player and much better to get an external or internal pc one.But it is possible :)

Associate
OP
Thanks. I notice the only cases that have dvd or blueray slots are not very attractive so will have to go for an external drive. Will look for a good air flow case as dont fancy the risks of water cooled. Thanks again for your help.

Associate
Did you get a new case yet?
If not, go to PC part picker and you can do a search for cases whilst filtering out all cases without a 5.25" drive bay.
I've just had a look at there is a significant number to choose from.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately no new PC yet as not earning at the moment. Hopefully will do soon and really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Back
Top Bottom