Story behind your forum username?

Soldato
My names Martyn, as a kid my mates called me Marv.

When i was creating my first email about 20 years ago, the suggested username came up as Marvt74 (no idea why 74 since i was born in 86), and it's stuck.

Ironically, this place is now the only place people refer to me as Marv. So you could say ocuk is where i can forever be my 12yr old boy self :p

Permabanned
Was always a pretty good Medic in TF2, hence the Dr. Christopher is my first name and friends shortened it to 'Toff' because I always sounded too posh for a brummie. No idea where the 'nar' bit comes from. Maybe because it sounds like the first syllable of my surname...

Associate
It's my name, the upper and lower case is a lttle dated. My Mum called me Warren as it couldn't be shortened and she used to get really mad when I was little and friends knocked on the door and asked for Wozzer, it kind of stuck.

Soldato
Was a gamer tag I had originally back in the days of Gamespy and Quake, so pre-dating the Matrix movies which is where most people assume I got it from. I thought it was quite clever at the time, Neo=New or Cutting Edge, Dude=Cool Guy.

Associate
My username everywhere since I started on the internet last century is Mr. Everready. When I joined here, one of the Dons / Head Honchos was Ever Ready, so didn't want to steal his thunder.:p

Soldato
Done for you. We actually had a user called Eddie but he had just seven posts and was last online nearly fifteen years ago so I've renamed his account and given you Eddie.

Why the change, did you get struck off? :D

Haha, well I didn't like the idea of the remote possibility that someone might think that the ****** I typed was coming from an actual doctor. :D

That and I haven't played TF2 for a few years now.

Thanks for the name change, much appreciated. :)

Soldato
In an old copy of PC Gamer they were talking about people "flaming" them (long before trolling). One of the flames was about how the player was a wet pussy, but the magazine editor had stepped in and replaced it with ".. damp cat" to make it printable. I found this very, very funny at 16.

I'd change it but I don't know what to.

Back
Top Bottom