Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
They have already adjusted various things:

Fleamarket now level 10
Money Bug fixed (possible compensation)
Overweight changed from 30kg - 60kg to 40kg - 70kg "(yes, we can tweak it, yes we said that we will tweak it during tests and balancing), increased stamina capacities and so on"
Headbob they said "We did something to lower headbobbing effect while being overweight (also this headbobbing will be linked to headbobbing slider in settings soon)"

Man of Honour
Hopefully that headbobbing slider will come sooner rather than later, headbobbing in games (along with motion blur) is one of the first things I turn off

Soldato
Horrendous last night - felt so sick after 10/15 minutes - stop playing.

Why have a "slider" - surely no-one actually wants to have "max" headbob??

Man of Honour
giphy.gif

Associate
To be honest this game does show quite a lot of potential. Just hope that it isn't DOA and has a significant shelf life.

I was planning on picking it up, but does anyone know if there will be a server wipe when it fully releases?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
To be honest this game does show quite a lot of potential. Just hope that it isn't DOA and has a significant shelf life.

I was planning on picking it up, but does anyone know if there will be a server wipe when it fully releases?
There will be, and there will be many more wipes on the road to release which is still, realistically, years away.

Associate
There will be, and there will be many more wipes on the road to release which is still, realistically, years away.
Ah I see. Well I don't feel like committing to a game of this caliber at the moment then. Still might pick it up just to support the developers though. But I understand why they would do it. Just eager to get in the nitty gritty of the game.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Ah I see. Well I don't feel like committing to a game of this caliber at the moment then. Still might pick it up just to support the developers though. But I understand why they would do it. Just eager to get in the nitty gritty of the game.
Don't be put off from playing for fear of wiping progress, the wipes are infrequent and tie-up with major content patches that change a significant part of the game, perhaps twice a year or so at the moment. The games still got plenty to do and is good fun regardless of wipes. I would prefer more wipes personally, the early-wipe "game" is much more enjoyable to me than the "mid- to late-wipe" game as everyone has hoarded weapons, armour or cash and can buy any and everything they need.

Soldato

get into it....totally worth it.

Wipes come along every so often, next one was slated for around May time when they release the new "streets of tarkov" map.

100% best game I've played in many many years. It can be very hard to start with but keep grinding and it's bloody awesome.

Associate
Don't be put off from playing for fear of wiping progress, the wipes are infrequent and tie-up with major content patches that change a significant part of the game, perhaps twice a year or so at the moment. The games still got plenty to do and is good fun regardless of wipes. I would prefer more wipes personally, the early-wipe "game" is much more enjoyable to me than the "mid- to late-wipe" game as everyone has hoarded weapons, armour or cash and can buy any and everything they need.
The frequency ain't too bad. I'm a bit erked by the fact there's already a season pass to the game. I'll look into what it includes first before buying it.

Back
Top Bottom