Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Soldato
OP
Because the rock will smash, and break. You can farm nuggets from rocks if you hit them with a spade and haven’t eaten fruit :)

Thanks, trying to avoid too many guides and online resources so didn't realise eating a cherry would make me superhuman... :)

I smashed 2 on my island, pleased to hear they respawn.

Caporegime
I saw one for the first time yesterday, took my time getting my net out, swung and missed and the little bigger turned around and chased me, actually made me jump as wasn't expecting that!
I saw one for the first time mintues after I started. I ran out of Tom Nooks tent and it was just there!

Caporegime
1) how do I create my own Dodo code? Dodo codes are used for when you want friends to visit you or you visit friends, they are a one time use. Myself and another member here experimented a bit last night with this. But to create it you go to the airport, speak to the Dodo behind the counter and say you want friends to visit you, then pick the Dodo code option. Then share that Dodo code with another friend. They then visit their airport and say they want to visit a friend and enter the Dodo code.
2) how can I join random islands, I see people saying join and go and ransack for new goods but the airport dude just says to try again another time? The random islands being mentioned are when you spend 2000 Nook Miles on a "Nook Miles Ticket" and go to the Airport, say you wanna fly and redeem the ticket. They take you to a random deserted island which gives you potential access to fruits not native to your island, resources, and also possibly other villagers to invite to your island (NPC)
3) can you build a storage box or something for your house or tent (house just being built), I find my inventory gets mega full quick - I hear you unlock a larger inventory to carry but wonder if something a bit larger to store at my gaff. As mentioned, once your house is built you'll get a "Storage" as part of it. You can dump stuff in there

Hope that helps :)

Caporegime
Every damn island I go to only has coconuts or cherries. My starting islands fruit!
TBH only 1 of the islands I went to had a different fruit (Cherries) - otherwise its all Oranges (or Bamboo shoots) - I started with Oranges.

I planted lots of cherries and also some apples after last nights multiplayer session. Once they're fully sprouted you're welcome to visit my Island and help yourself to all 3 :)

Soldato
Every damn island I go to only has coconuts or cherries. My starting islands fruit!

That will change. I've been to a ton of cherry ones but I've seen bamboo and peaches, too.

Wish I'd known about the not eating thing with spades. I wasted 2 or 3 islands yesterday not understanding why I was suddenly smashing the rocks instantly doh! I've only got one respawning rock on my island and it seems to be a money rock. I didn't have much time to scout properly though because real life bleh. I will have a proper scout around later!

fez

fez

Caporegime
TBH only 1 of the islands I went to had a different fruit (Cherries) - otherwise its all Oranges (or Bamboo shoots) - I started with Oranges.

I planted lots of cherries and also some apples after last nights multiplayer session. Once they're fully sprouted you're welcome to visit my Island and help yourself to all 3 :)

Cheers, I will take you up on that offer. I have oranges and cherries and coconuts but I want peaches and apples!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Im pretty close to murdering Tom Nook and installing myself as the de facto dictator of my island. Makes me do all the work and then claims that "everyone helped". I give him everything!

Caporegime
The owl cracks me up. A zoological museum curator who hates bugs. His reactions kill me every time!
Ditto!

I have screenshot so much of his dialogue

"But rest assured despite this being the bane of my existence the wretched thing will be well looked after"

So much passive aggression :D

Everytime I hear him soo "hoo" as well it makes me giggle a bit.

Associate
That will change. I've been to a ton of cherry ones but I've seen bamboo and peaches, too.

Wish I'd known about the not eating thing with spades. I wasted 2 or 3 islands yesterday not understanding why I was suddenly smashing the rocks instantly doh! I've only got one respawning rock on my island and it seems to be a money rock. I didn't have much time to scout properly though because real life bleh. I will have a proper scout around later!

Another useful thing I didn't realise was if you eat a piece of fruit your strong enough to dig out an entire tree so you can re-plant it somewhere else. I had been harvesting them and chopping them down if I wanted to move them. If you dig the whole tree whilst it still has fruit attached they will still be there when you re-plant it. It's quite handy if you visit the mystery island and want to take the whole tree back without waiting on it to grow.

Soldato
Another useful thing I didn't realise was if you eat a piece of fruit your strong enough to dig out an entire tree so you can re-plant it somewhere else. I had been harvesting them and chopping them down if I wanted to move them. If you dig the whole tree whilst it still has fruit attached they will still be there when you re-plant it. It's quite handy if you visit the mystery island and want to take the whole tree back without waiting on it to grow.

I found this out yesterday but didn't realise it was because I had eaten. Of course it makes sense now! So, go to a new island with stomach empty and deal with the rocks. Eat some fruit and take the trees. Sounds like a plan!

Landed a sturgeon yesterday. That was a surprise the thing is bloody huge!

Back
Top Bottom