US: Power

Soldato
I'll be honest - I enjoyed the whole of the series right up until the last 5 episodes. I didn't like the format of constantly repeating the same parts of the story from different points of view - it came across as lazy.

Funnily enough, I really liked this. I was commenting to someone else that I can imagine a really good TV show based on this, but it wouldn't be easy. You see a story start to end from one viewpoint, then each episode is a different persons viewpoint, even though it's the same story could look very different. I guess it would be hard to do really well, but could be real interesting I think.

Tbh, I never really liked Tommy until his episode in these last 5. To me he came across as a dumb bleeder, living off of Ghosts brains. His episode was one of the best though, when he took down the Italian road block, awesome!

Soldato
I'll be honest - I enjoyed the whole of the series right up until the last 5 episodes. I didn't like the format of constantly repeating the same parts of the story from different points of view - it came across as lazy. And the ending was in my opinion terrible. There was so much scope, so many ways they could have gone with the ending but it seemed to me that they ran out of interest in Power and moved on to setting up the spin off series. In my opinion they compromised the main series. I genuinely had to drag myself through those final episodes which is the complete opposite to how I had felt during them main six seasons.

Yeah i agree with you there. Also what i didn't like was how they played out the full scenes, so i think the fist character they focused on was Dre, where he walked into the nightclub and heard the gunshot and then legged it - so you had already ruled out it was him. They should have finished his story at that point, leaving it down to the last episode to do the full reveal. The way they had done it meant that by the final episode it was only down to two characters.

I guess you guys missed the trailers that came after the post credits scene? There are 4 other series in the works - Power Book 2 with Tariq, Book 3 a prequel about Kanin (which I guess was the post credits scene), Book 4 with Rashad and Book 5 with Tommy. They seem a bit unnecessary to me, does anyone care about Rashad or Tariq?

https://tvline.com/2020/02/09/power-spinoff-tommy-book-5-force-series-order/

I caught an article today that mentioned there would be multiple spin-offs of Power. Although no indication of whether these would be one-off specials like a film. Or if they plan to span them out across many episodes/seasons.

I can't really see what they plan to do with Tariq's story, unless it's a view of later on in life - presumably after he's graduated college and now got access to his fathers money.

Agreed with Rashad's story, don't think i'd even entertain a 40 minute episode of his story. Unless they also do some future story about his poliitical career, and something coming back to bite him.

Kanin's story i'm a bit meh about. There's obviously the history between him Ghost and Tommy when they were growing up, but other than that *shrugs*.

Tommy would probably be the best one to focus on. See what he does starting a new life in California.

Back
Top Bottom