MOT question

Soldato
I've got my old 320D 2006 on my mums driveway, basically the flywheel and clutch are gone and i'm thinking to just get shot of it as i use my other car (2018 X5) all the time and the 320D is just a baby pram and other baby bits storage at the moment. Has 119k on it and its worth nothing plus with the extended ulez or whatever it'll be useless next year.
It has tax until september and is insured, can i just keep it on the driveway without MOT or has it got to be declared SORN? Still debating what to do but MOT expires 4th April.

Thanks!

Soldato
I'm going to have fun tomorrow during the "Lockdown", my car needs an MOT which I let expire a month ago as I wasn't using it. Only problem is I've booked an MOT 3 miles from my house but have to drive to a fuel station 8 miles in the opposite direction as for some reason 95 octane fuel puts the EML on every single time & none of the local stations sell anything other than the basic 95 stuff. I don't think there is enough fuel in it for them to leave it running like they always seem to do without it either running out there or before I can get fuel after.

Just hope I don't drive past a plod car with ANPR.

Caporegime
I'm going to have fun tomorrow during the "Lockdown", my car needs an MOT which I let expire a month ago as I wasn't using it. Only problem is I've booked an MOT 3 miles from my house but have to drive to a fuel station 8 miles in the opposite direction as for some reason 95 octane fuel puts the EML on every single time & none of the local stations sell anything other than the basic 95 stuff. I don't think there is enough fuel in it for them to leave it running like they always seem to do without it either running out there or before I can get fuel after.

Just hope I don't drive past a plod car with ANPR.

Take it for an Italian Tune Up. Rag the nuts off it, 4,000RPM or higher but only when it's warmed up of course. Then get it MOT'd. It's a long standing trick for poor emissions for cars that are driven relatively sedately.

Soldato
Take it for an Italian Tune Up. Rag the nuts off it, 4,000RPM or higher but only when it's warmed up of course. Then get it MOT'd. It's a long standing trick for poor emissions for cars that are driven relatively sedately.

It gets an Italian tune up everytime it's driven, I've just stopped using 95 octane fuel & the EML has now stayed off for 18 months. If I stick 95 in it i'm pretty certain it'll pop up before I even get to the test centre as it's got fumes in the tank so won't even be diluted.

Back
Top Bottom