Sigh.. sure sign it's getting warmer

Caporegime
Every bloomin' time I go to take a drink from my cup of tea, there is now a drowned fly in it.

For Pete's sake. Why do they do this?!?!?!

I want to drink my tea sans fly, and the fly should want to keep living/existing, and the way to accomplish both is for the fly not to drown itself in my tea.

Is that too much to ask, universe?

Man of Honour
Animals seem to think Spring is coming but the weather seems less sure - had a frost this morning and the forecast shows a mini cold spell albeit some warmer days but cold to very cold nights.

Caporegime
OP
They seem to appear out of nowhere when it's warmer, nasty buggers hibernating...
Yeah I never seem to see them flying *into* the tea.

It's only when I pick up the cup, and sure as clockwork, the GB Synchronised Fly Swimming team is all lined up doing their amazing drowning routine.

Soldato
We're in that annoying phase where it's not cold enough to have the heating on much, but it's not warm enough to have windows wide open. So you open the windows, sit in the cold for a while, put a jumper on, and then close the windows. Rinse and repeat.

Man of Honour
My hayfever kicked in last week too. I think it was when everyone decided to cut the grass.

Just in time for a nationwide tissue shortage... Thanks hoarders. :mad:

Soldato
Every bloomin' time I go to take a drink from my cup of tea, there is now a drowned fly in it.

For Pete's sake. Why do they do this?!?!?!

I want to drink my tea sans fly, and the fly should want to keep living/existing, and the way to accomplish both is for the fly not to drown itself in my tea.

Is that too much to ask, universe?

I mean you could start by cleaning the house. ( in a none mean way ) but the cleaner the house the less fly's will come.

Caporegime
OP
About time, sick of the cold weather - bring on the summer! Shame we might not be able to get out and enjoy the warmer weather too much :/
Now is a good time to discover a love for gardening.

Admittedly this is a bit harder if you don't have a garden. So any new build them, which are al basically glorified shoe boxes backing on to the street.

I mean you could start by cleaning the house.
Reported for swearing (using the "c"-word).

Caporegime
Now is a good time to discover a love for gardening.

Admittedly this is a bit harder if you don't have a garden. So any new build them, which are al basically glorified shoe boxes backing on to the street.

Reported for swearing (using the "c"-word).

I do have a decent size garden, sadly that's one thing about summer I can't stand - mowing the grass :(

Caporegime
OP
I do have a decent size garden, sadly that's one thing about summer I can't stand - mowing the grass :(
Been sowing some ornamental grasses this year and last. Various types and colours, nice evergreen ones in oranges, reds, lime greens, chocolate browns.

One of the few plants I don't immediately kill, grasses :p

Our pathetic lawn (mostly shaded by trees, and lately consumed by expanding veg plots) is being replaced by some lovely "proper" grasses that look neat, sway in the breeze, and - most importantly - don't ever need mowing :D :D

Back
Top Bottom