Why are there no facial hair removal products for men?

Associate
A mate of mine used a similar product to Veet for his head. The guy has a full head of hair, simply wanted the shaved head look without messing about with razors.

It did not end well, a very red head - wore a beanie until his hair grew back.

Man of Honour
A Veet-like product for men's facial hair would be so much more convenient and long lasting than a razor shave every day.

No doubt I'll get called a massive *** but surely this is a good idea.

I'm bored with shaving with a razor, it's inefficient and wastes too much time.

I've had a quick Google but nothing much seems to turn up on this topic.

Are there any facial hair removal products for men's already and if not, I'm making one!

Hair removal products work regardless of the sex of the person using them, so what you're looking for is marketing for a product rather than a product. I'd be wary of using chemical depilatory products on my face, but even the most cursory look online finds some. I don't know how you missed them.

An example:

https://www.amazon.com/Nair-Hair-Re...a9dc3fdffd308_cp_2_t_fs_blw_d_customerpicks_3

You want it "for men"? All you have to do is change the packaging. It's just marketing. But have a look at how many of the reviews mention chemical burns. The best hair removal product for your face is a razor.

Caporegime
OP
Hair removal products work regardless of the sex of the person using them, so what you're looking for is marketing for a product rather than a product. I'd be wary of using chemical depilatory products on my face, but even the most cursory look online finds some. I don't know how you missed them.

An example:

https://www.amazon.com/Nair-Hair-Re...a9dc3fdffd308_cp_2_t_fs_blw_d_customerpicks_3

You want it "for men"? All you have to do is change the packaging. It's just marketing. But have a look at how many of the reviews mention chemical burns. The best hair removal product for your face is a razor.
Thanks for posting a link to a female hair removal product.

It's not just marketing; men's facial hair is thicker than women's (at least the women I know - I can't speak for the women in your life!), therefore the same product that women use isn't suitable as it has to be left on too long to be safe before it would be effective.

I don't know how you missed that.

Soldato
Every man who has ever grown even the slightest of beards knows this truth to be self-evident -

beards.jpg

Man of Honour

An example:

It's not "just marketing" - male facial hair is completely different to female facial hair.
Using female hair removal cream on male facial hair would be like using a strimmer to try and cut down a hawthorn bush.

Man of Honour

It's not just marketing; men's facial hair is thicker than women's (at least the women I know - I can't speak for the women in your life!), therefore the same product that women use isn't suitable as it has to be left on too long to be safe before it would be effective.

The product works the same way. Men's leg hair is usually much thicker than women's too. Go try some "female" hair removal product on your legs and see if it works before making yourself look silly by posting nonsense in public in an attempt to be derisory.

It's not "just marketing" - male facial hair is completely different to female facial hair.
Using female hair removal cream on male facial hair would be like using a strimmer to try and cut down a hawthorn bush.

Are you both Desperate Dan?

Caporegime
OP
The product works the same way. Men's leg hair is usually much thicker than women's too. Go try some "female" hair removal product on your legs and see if it works before making yourself look silly by posting nonsense in public in an attempt to be derisory.
Two people have told you it's not just marketing and you're still saying it's nonsense? In other news, facial stubble is different to leg hair.

Man of Honour
Two people have told you it's not just marketing and you're still saying it's nonsense?

Yes. Because those two people are just two people and they're providing neither evidence nor reasoning for their position.

In other news, facial stubble is different to leg hair.

True, but irrelevant. You may as well argue that it's impossible for a person to shave their legs because facial stubble is different to leg hair.

Caporegime
OP
True, but irrelevant. You may as well argue that it's impossible for a person to shave their legs because facial stubble is different to leg hair.

Saying facial hair is different to leg hair is irrelevant in a thread about facial hair removal, when someone is trying to say there's no difference between creams designed for female legs and male faces?

Behave yourself!

Read my lips: Veet is not for male facial stubble. Deal with it.

Man of Honour
Saying facial hair is different to leg hair is irrelevant in a thread about facial hair removal, when someone is trying to say there's no difference between creams designed for female legs and male faces?

Behave yourself!

The creams are designed for hair. Your assertion that "male" hair is so utterly different to "female" hair that chemical depilatories that work fine on "female" hair can't work on "male" hair is unsupported. You haven't even tried to support your assertion. Stating that different body parts are different is just your attempt to draw attention away from your lack of an argument, so yes it is irrelevant in this context.

Read my lips: Veet is not for male facial stubble. Deal with it.

Have you ever considered trying to provide evidence or a reasoned argument for your position? Your decree isn't good enough for me. Referencing a marketing campaign is neither. Veet (and other) facial hair removal cream is marketed at women because the people who made the decision at the company decided that was more profitable. If they put the same stuff in different packaging it would become a "male" product.

Also, just as a more minor point, the product I provided a link to isn't Veet. But I didn't expect you to look at it because why would you care about accuracy when you can just Decree The Truth by your own will?

Soldato

In case you missed it - here is a male facial hair product. Also available on Amazon, but I thought we weren't allowed to post links to competitors.

https://hairwaxshop.com/index.php?id_product=218&controller=product&id_lang=2

Sounds Brillo
:p

Man of Honour
In case you missed it - here is a male facial hair product. Also available on Amazon, but I thought we weren't allowed to post links to competitors. [..]

The rules were changed/clarified a while back. We can posts links for multi-product shops to products that are not sold by OcUK because those products are not competing with OcUK sales. So a link to an Amazon page selling something OcUK doesn't sell is allowed but a link to an Amazon page selling something OcUK does sell isn't allowed.

Soldato
The rules were changed/clarified a while back. We can posts links for multi-product shops to products that are not sold by OcUK because those products are not competing with OcUK sales. So a link to an Amazon page selling something OcUK doesn't sell is allowed but a link to an Amazon page selling something OcUK does sell isn't allowed.
Gotcha - cheers.

Associate
As a twice a day shaver with an inbuilt reluctance to awaken, I used Veet for weeks whilst undergoing P-Company para training; an unholy regime involving early arising and a strong dose of masochism. No side effects from Veet. Hair is hair. The treatment doesn't work on the hairs. It works on the follicles. Incapacitating the follicles=no hair growth. Stop the treatment and the follicles regenerate in some form and hair production resumes. Later as a civvie I grew a full Bluto and still (50 years on) need to razor trim. So no long-term problems for me.

Back
Top Bottom