What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
His going to team up with Dolores (Arnold) and the hosts to take down the system or maybe even destroy the humans!
They have started to setup his disillusion with society very nicely in EP 1.

The whole episode was stunning and I can't wait for ep 2, how I've missed Westworld, it's a masterpiece :)

KpbKaUD.jpg
Loved this also, don't really know why there is so much hate for this show, its so good and dark. Cant wait for episode 2.

Soldato
Season 1 was indeed a masterpiece. But the more they moved away from the Westworld park, the worse it got. You can no longer sympathise with the characters, they are now just killing machines with no personality. Season 2 was a let down and from what I've seen from season 3 so far, it's only going to get worse. And I'm getting really fed up with strong female characters kicking the asses of weak evil male characters, it's getting boring now. A real shame.
This is how I feel. Season one was excellent, they got it absolutely right, season 2 however was post Weinstein 'era' over-compensating with 'Strong Female Characters' bashing well set up male characters whose personalty completely changed from S1 to S2. Ed Harris's character in S1 was excellent, and absolutely ruined in S2(He got killed by his daughter in S2 on fathers day in the US if memory serves), James Marsden was turned into a brain-dead love sick puppy - and S2's 'jumping around in time' was much more confusing and seemed more contrived than natural in S1.

Jessy looks to be playing another 'Jessy' type character. S3, so far, seems like a soft reset, we now have a 'mysterious' AI whose architect is equally 'mysterious'. Dolores got badly injured, which is more than ever happened to her in either S1 and S2, but luckily got found by 'Jessy'. She's still a killing machine, watching a man drown while unconscious because he was a 'domestic abuser' was a 'nice touch' - just to make it clear to everyone that this is still a 'female empowerment' show.

I will still watch it for now, but I can see myself dipping out if the theme continues to ruin what was, S1 at least, one of the best seasons of TV I have ever watched - S1 really was that good. You can have 'strong female characters', no issue there, but it always seems to come with putting the, previously well written, male characters down. It's really starting to Pee me of that this 'trend' has turned TV in to, it really is what I said (over compensating in a post 'Weinstein' era) - and I'm getting sick of it.

Soldato
This is how I feel. Season one was excellent, they got it absolutely right, season 2 however was post Weinstein 'era' over-compensating with 'Strong Female Characters' bashing well set up male characters whose personalty completely changed from S1 to S2. Ed Harris's character in S1 was excellent, and absolutely ruined in S2(He got killed by his daughter in S2 on fathers day in the US if memory serves), James Marsden was turned into a brain-dead love sick puppy - and S2's 'jumping around in time' was much more confusing and seemed more contrived than natural in S1.

Jessy looks to be playing another 'Jessy' type character. S3, so far, seems like a soft reset, we now have a 'mysterious' AI whose architect is equally 'mysterious'. Dolores got badly injured, which is more than ever happened to her in either S1 and S2, but luckily got found by 'Jessy'. She's still a killing machine, watching a man drown while unconscious because he was a 'domestic abuser' was a 'nice touch' - just to make it clear to everyone that this is still a 'female empowerment' show.

I will still watch it for now, but I can see myself dipping out if the theme continues to ruin what was, S1 at least, one of the best seasons of TV I have ever watched - S1 really was that good. You can have 'strong female characters', no issue there, but it always seems to come with putting the, previously well written, male characters down. It's really starting to Pee me of that this 'trend' has turned TV in to, it really is what I said (over compensating in a post 'Weinstein' era) - and I'm getting sick of it.

Spot on with that I have to say.

Season 1 really was one of the best seasons of TV I've seen. But at the end of it, I felt they had kind of boxed themselves in a bit, leaving it difficult to know where to go next with the plot. The reason the show worked so well was the feeling of escapism and mystery the Westworld park enabled. And Dolores slowly coming to understand what she is. But that's all lost now. It's just woke bs now and I'm bored of it.

Soldato
I've started watching Dare me and I'm actually quite enjoying it despite it being about cheerleaders lol

Also just finished Hannibal and Quicksand both of which I enjoyed.

Associate
I watched the new documentary Tiger King on Netflix over a couple of days. About the often murky tiger breeding industry in Southern states of America.

Definitely worth watching if you ascribe to the notion that truth is stranger than fiction. You couldn't put together a more interesting and outlandish cast in a movie than this if you tried. At least 10 characters are highly interesting in their own right and the combination of them all together is a highly volatile mix. Honestly to me it's more entertaining than Breaking Bad in terms of the actual real people in it that could stroll right into an episode of Breaking Bad or similar well written crime shows.

Unlike Making A Murderer and other documentaries on Netflix that stretch stuff out, this is packed full of stuff, honestly I think they could have stretched to a few more episodes. One of the most entertaining and outlandish documentaries I've seen on Netflix, all backed by facts without endless speculation like Making a Murderer, you get a nice payoff in Tiger King.

Commissario
I had heard that Brotherhood is the better of the two as it sticks pretty much word for word to the comic and that the original diverted from the comic?
IIRC Brotherhood is better in that it was done after the manga finished so it follows the story more closely than the original series after a certain point, but the original series covers some of the early bits in more depth (basically until it caught up with the manga) whilst 'Brotherhood runs through them.

Associate
The Witcher , didnt really fancy this as i remember buying the Witcher 15 years ago and it kept crashing so binned it.
Luckily i was bored and decided to give it a go , thought it was superb , although i did watch a few of the episodes drunk and didnt realise the timeline was jumping so got me really confused.

Prime has got some really decent stuff on there , just got to wait for the next season now of these.
The Boys
American Gods
The Expanse
The Witcher.
The Man in The high Castle .

Soldato
Just started Drain the Oceans on National Geographic (It's on Disney +), looks good I remember wanting to watch it when I saw it was on and never got round to it, working from home seems like a good time to start now.

Associate
An Idiot Abroad - found this gem following my £1 sub for 2 month Now TV. Remember when it was on originally, but never watched an episode at the time. Both interesting and a good laugh

Associate
The Righteous Gemstones - If you like Danny McBride you will probably enjoy it, if you don't then you won't. Didn't think it was as good as Eastbound and Down but still enjoyed it :)

Back
Top Bottom