Where to pre-order games from? (FF7 Remake etc)

Soldato
I got a refund from my ebay pre-order. Thing is £60 from PSN is just way too much, especially now with the current times we're living in. And because you can't resell, I'm afraid I'll be missing out :(

The sad thing is I'll probably end up getting it much cheaper second hand later on and SE won't get the money from the sale. I don't know why they charge so much for digital copies. I can understand physical distribution because of stock, printing, shipping and retail fees needing to come out of it, but digital? I just can't justify it.

Because PSN is still built round the US currency. $59.99 for this on US PSN and while its also $59.99 for retail at Amazon.com and many retail games stores in the US.

It rarely works that way for us.

Soldato
I don't know why they charge so much for digital copies. I can understand physical distribution because of stock, printing, shipping and retail fees needing to come out of it, but digital? I just can't justify it.

Digital will always be more expensive, they're essentially set at the RRP of the title. Physical copies can be bought by suppliers/retailers in bulk to attract a discount, promote the game instore or on their website, sell hardware etc. Plus no retailer wants stock sitting around forever so eventually they'll want to discount and clear it.

Soldato
OP
I cancelled my physical pre-order and went digital.

Total came in at £50.70 as I bought a £50 and £10 gift card from ShopTo which are currently on sale.

Better than paying £60 and even though I'll get no resale value I'll at least have the game on time.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got it for £39 from game collection. Games aren't perishable goods so don't care if I don't get it on release. Probably cost me £5-10 after I go through it

Soldato
I would usually wait but with the lockdown till April 19th and combination of Easter Bank holiday. I need something to do which I wont finish in 5mins.

Soldato
I just realised my post looks quite abrasive but that's just my personal take! Nobody has to justify their reasons. As much as I want to play it I really want to hold out to see if there is a PS5 version native or if it's 'upgraded' somehow when playing Ps4 version on it.

Back
Top Bottom