Noblechair Hero vs Secret Lab Titan Xl or other?

Associate
Hello!

I'm looking for a "Gamer" chair for everyday use.

What you need to know about me:
I am 189 cm tall and my weight is 115 kg.
I have a slightly wider back than average due to my genetics (+ weight training).

I would like a leather chair if possible (to my best knowledge, leather is the best choice)

So far I've looked at two varieties that might be appropriate:
1. Secret Lab Titan XL
2. Noblechairs Hero

My question would be whether it is still recommended in the price range of the two chairs mentioned above.

What to watch for when choosing a chair?

What would you recommend the most?

Thank you very much: R

OcUK Staff
If you're looking for a real leather chair, then noblechairs HERO is the only option, you can buy them from Overclockers too.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noblechairs-hero-real-leather-gaming-chair-black-gc-00u-nc.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noblechairs-hero-real-leather-gaming-chair-black-red-gc-018-nc.html

Both the same just different colours! :)

I believe there is free shipping to UK addresses on noblechairs at the moment and also you will receive a noblechairs leather cleaning kit with the real leather versions too. :)

Associate
OP
If you're looking for a real leather chair, then noblechairs HERO is the only option, you can buy them from Overclockers too.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noblechairs-hero-real-leather-gaming-chair-black-gc-00u-nc.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noblechairs-hero-real-leather-gaming-chair-black-red-gc-018-nc.html

Both the same just different colours! :)

I believe there is free shipping to UK addresses on noblechairs at the moment and also you will receive a noblechairs leather cleaning kit with the real leather versions too. :)
I have read several times that the sitting surface is very hard. Do you have any information about this?

OcUK Staff
I have read several times that the sitting surface is very hard. Do you have any information about this?

It will break up over time and become softer and "mold" to you, but the main reason the base is firm is to allow the chair to support your body, having an extremely soft chair is actually not ergonomic.

Associate
I've posted here a few times, but I'm a very happy owner of the Titan XL 2020, although the seat pad feels hard it's extremely comfy for long durations, even more important at the moment since I'm working from home. 16-18 hours sessions are no issue, never feel uncomfortable or fatigued in any way, it's ultra comfy!!

Associate
I had the same decision on the weekend I'm 193cm and 90kg so needed something roomy. Ended up going for the PU hero due to the great deal ocuk had on and I prefer the design of it over the titan, plus it's available from ocuk. It got shipped today so should get it tomorrow will give you my first opinion then. But it gets great reviews everywhere so I have high hopes :) .

Associate
I have a leather Hero and it's slightly firm at first, your prior chair may also have been giving you bad posture so you may even notice some minor twinges in the first day at it adjusts to correct ergonomics.

However, they wear in quickly, especially if you're big and heavy within a week or 2, and within 2 days I honestly felt I was standing taller with better posture, used one for months now working full time and my back feels better than ever. That limited edition Hero is an amazing deal on a chair like that - the same basic chair as the real leather version I paid double the price for, and I still think the real leather one's a great deal in its own right. I was simply unable to find a high grade leather office chair with the Hero's functionality at a similar price so I'm a huge advocate for them as legit executive office chairs as well.

Soldato
It will break up over time and become softer and "mold" to you, but the main reason the base is firm is to allow the chair to support your body, having an extremely soft chair is actually not ergonomic.

Really?

I've been using mine since last April and its just as hard today as when I first got it. I don't find it uncomfortable, can sit in it for hours, but it definately hasn't softened like I expected it to by now.

Not the best picture, but you can see that after a year, the seat cushion hasn't 'given' at all:

eMflhoQ.jpg

People used to cheap Argos type office chairs and the like will find a Noble Hero quite a shock to their backsides:p

Associate
Ok I'm sold on my new hero, it's built like a tank! Seriously engineered can't find any missed/bad stitching or blemishes and installation was easy enough with 1 person (hardest bit was getting it upstairs!). I know what people mean now about it being firm! But it's by no means uncomfortable!. Its the perfect size for someone of my height. The lumbar support is exactly why I choose this chair because my old office one has killing my back whilst working from home and can confirm the lumbar is absolutely perfect! Overall I'd highly recommend it!

Associate
I have had my hero since october and i absolutely hate it : / It has caused me all sorts of issues. currently looking at finding something else.

Back
Top Bottom